Is it fine to do more than minimums for Night Rating?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

nishranth
Rank 0
Rank 0

Is it fine to do more than minimums for Night Rating?

Post by nishranth »

Apart from the minimum Night Rating reuqirements of 5 hours solo and 5 hours dual. Is it okay if I do more solo hours before I submit my night rating application?
I plan to submit my night rating application with 10hours of solo and6 hours of dual night flight time.
Would that be a problem?
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Is it fine to do more than minimums for Night Rating?

Post by digits_ »

No problem at all.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

No it's not a problem but why would you do that? You need to be under the supervision of an instructor the whole time.

What I would encourage you to do is do as much of your 100 PIC that you need for your CPL as night XC. This will help you out a lot when you go for your ATPL.

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

Bede wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:37 pm No it's not a problem but why would you do that? You need to be under the supervision of an instructor the whole time.

What I would encourage you to do is do as much of your 100 PIC that you need for your CPL as night XC. This will help you out a lot when you go for your ATPL.
+1

nishranth
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nishranth »

Bede wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:37 pm No it's not a problem but why would you do that? You need to be under the supervision of an instructor the whole time.

I just delayed my application for Night Rating and ended up doing about 5 additional hours of Solo Night XC. So i was worried if it would be a problem while applying for the Rating

Return to “Flight Training”