Where is Tbaylx?

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

slicktop
Rank 0
Rank 0

Where is Tbaylx?

Post by slicktop »

Bueller
---------- ADS -----------

highspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Where is Tbaylx?

Post by highspeed »

When the news is good, all communication channels are open.
When things go tu it's wise to keep the information to trickle as the stakes are much higher.
Can't blame him for the radio silence.

And what can he really say? Sorry suckers. I had targets to meet.

Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Vanguard »

highspeed wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:41 am When the news is good, all communication channels are open.
When things go tu it's wise to keep the information to trickle as the stakes are much higher.

Already getting his resume ready. I mean Saudi is hiring…. They offer 8 days off.

Jack Klumpus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jack Klumpus »

Vanguard wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:04 am
highspeed wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:41 am When the news is good, all communication channels are open.

Already getting his resume ready. I mean Saudi is hiring…. They offer 8 days off.
The new Saudi is only hiring wide body captains with 2,000hrs on type at the moment. Word in the sandbox is salary will be approx $38k/month CAD.

One can have their opinion and thoughts about living in Saudi Arabia, but that’s a decent salary, if true. Whereas in Canada, flying the flag will pay you less than serving the flag (Tim Horton’s).

Last edited by Jack Klumpus on Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
When I retire, I’ll miss the clowns, not the circus.
highspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by highspeed »

I doubt that.

There are enough desperate pilots from Europe, South Africa, SE Asia and Canada who will jump on this at a fraction of the pay the rumors convey.

Canada is in some dubious company in terms of pilot wages. I'm in shock how pilots have just let conditions rot to this extent.

As of now WB time is required. In a few weeks that requirement will be removed due to lack of applicants.

So this little wet dream of exorbitant pay is just that.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but experience in the region tempers my optimism.

Jack Klumpus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jack Klumpus »

Seems like this needs a thread on its own. There’s nothing official about the package now, these are just rumors.

When I retire, I’ll miss the clowns, not the circus.
Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

Yup. Seems like he's still regularly checking though. You can see in his profile that he last logged in yesterday.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Lol, I’d say he is most likely getting his resume polished for jetlines. Canadas next great airline where one can get a quick upgrade :oops:

Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Vanguard »

Who wrote this? You think it’s TBay or the other guy? Brutal — just the grammar reading this makes me want to puke.

Attachments
609B79AE-CC08-4A3F-96F7-D08CE10EC290.jpeg
609B79AE-CC08-4A3F-96F7-D08CE10EC290.jpeg (226.24 KiB) Viewed 5436 times
genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by genetic jack hammer »

Unwarted????

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

Y
genetic jack hammer wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:51 pm Unwarted????
Yeah, those things you get from sleeping with FAs.

nohojob
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nohojob »

However they're calling people for interviews.

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

Vanguard wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:43 am Who wrote this? You think it’s TBay or the other guy? Brutal — just the grammar reading this makes me want to puke.
I really hope that is a spoof email and not something a professional sent out on behalf of a “reputable” company. Looks like it was written by someone using google translate and 11 beers deep.

TC.Enforcement
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TC.Enforcement »

Anyone can write a poorly written email and slap a Flair logo on it. Doesn’t make it so. I find it curious that there is no from address or name on the signature block. Could be real, but I find it very dubious.

highspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by highspeed »

It actually is so.
The email is genuine.
The screenshot does not show the entirety of the message.

Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Vanguard »

TC.Enforcement wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:39 pm Anyone can write a poorly written email and slap a Flair logo on it. Doesn’t make it so. I find it curious that there is no from address or name on the signature block. Could be real, but I find it very dubious.
This was the actual email sent out.
nohojob wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:22 pm However they're calling people for interviews.
They have to keep calling people for interview or they would lose confidence in the market with their recruitment efforts. Everything would have to show normal.

"Placing people in the pool".... My god. I think they need to realize it is 2023. The amount of choice pilots have is phenomenal.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

I've been a bit busy dealing with the events of last weekend, but thanks for missing me.

I really don't have anything to add that the CEO hasn't covered in the townhalls

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

While I certainly miss all of the articulate, professional posters here on AvCanada they were not my primary concern this week. Flair pilots have had multiple town halls and information passed to them. I certainly don't feel the need to update the forums while dealing with more pressing matters this week.

If you think Flight Ops management is applying for jobs in the desert, most of us have been there, done that, and will choose to continue to build this airline because we believe in what we're doing. "Targets" certainly weren't my motivation for promoting pilot jobs at Flair. This isn't the first challenge we've had to face, I'm sure it won't be the last.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

Thank you tbaylx for being what management should be. I especially appreciate that you are answering questions and addressing concerns after recent unpleasant events.

I hope that management at other airlines will take note and step up the way you do.
tbaylx wrote:

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

averageatbest wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:28 pm I hope that management at other airlines will take note and step up the way you do.
tbaylx wrote:
lol.

Return to “Flair Airlines”