ground schools canceled

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: ground schools canceled

Post by flyinhigh »

That’s great to hear, that’s how an operation should operate and is directly attributed to the kick in the nuts. Haha

Only thing i’ll argue is the load factor. Even Jetsgo had great loads till the day they shut down. Doesn’t matter if you’re 100% with $1 fares. You still need to make money and in this market your barely getting by charging $50 a ticket.
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

flyinhigh wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:44 am That’s great to hear, that’s how an operation should operate and is directly attributed to the kick in the nuts. Haha

The only thing I’ll argue is the load factor. Even Jetsgo had great loads till the day they shut down. Doesn’t matter if you’re 100% with $1 fares. You still need to make money and in this market, your barely getting by charging $50 a ticket.
Ryan Air charges 1 Euro for a ticket and yet seems to be successful. Ticket prices aren't a reflection of profitability, much the same as load factors aren't. It's all about costs vs revenue. Ticket sales are only one part of revenue.

High load factors do demonstrate a high demand for the product however.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:40 am
flyinhigh wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:44 am That’s great to hear, that’s how an operation should operate and is directly attributed to the kick in the nuts. Haha

The only thing I’ll argue is the load factor. Even Jetsgo had great loads till the day they shut down. Doesn’t matter if you’re 100% with $1 fares. You still need to make money and in this market, your barely getting by charging $50 a ticket.
Ryan Air charges 1 Euro for a ticket and yet seems to be successful. Ticket prices aren't a reflection of profitability, much the same as load factors aren't. It's all about costs vs revenue. Ticket sales are only one part of revenue.

High load factors do demonstrate a high demand for the product however.
Ok, but if you were making money selling at a buck, you wouldn’t have had the issues you recently had requiring another bail out from you guardian angel and a scale back of growth, respectfully.

SPR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SPR »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:40 am Ryan Air charges 1 Euro for a ticket and yet seems to be successful.
No they don't:
The price of fuel has made those fares untenable, so is it not the same for Flair? In any case, Ryanair's regular fares are approximately the same as Flair's and their average stage length is just over an hour, so it makes sense that they can be profitable selling €100 tickets on short hops with each tail operating 10-12 legs per day. How does Flair make a profit selling $89 tickets between YKF and YVR that are four hours long and only have each tail fly 2-3 legs per day?

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

lament wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:29 pm
co-joe wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:31 pmliterally every aspect of life at Flair has improved tremendously since the repo man kicked us in the nuts.
Ask the YXX crews how their lives are improving
Probably the same as the Swoop pilots who were kicked out of YEG, or the Air Transat pilots in YVR... Life goes on. From what I hear all 16 YXX pilots will be just fine driving an extra few minutes to YVR.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

SPR wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:45 am
tbaylx wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:40 am Ryan Air charges 1 Euro for a ticket and yet seems to be successful.
No they don't:
The price of fuel has made those fares untenable, so is it not the same for Flair? In any case, Ryanair's regular fares are approximately the same as Flair's and their average stage length is just over an hour, so it makes sense that they can be profitable selling €100 tickets on short hops with each tail operating 10-12 legs per day. How does Flair make a profit selling $89 tickets between YKF and YVR that are four hours long and only have each tail fly 2-3 legs per day?
The ULCC model is well documented. There is plenty of online reading material on how revenue/yield management works for a ULCC.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

co-joe wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:07 am
co-joe wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:31 pmliterally every aspect of life at Flair has improved tremendously since the repo man kicked us in the nuts.
Probably the same as the Swoop pilots who were kicked out of YEG, or the Air Transat pilots in YVR... Life goes on. From what I hear all 16 YXX pilots will be just fine driving an extra few minutes to YVR.
It's more than a few mins and there are a few senior skippers there that will feel that extra commute time. Especially the ones in Chilliwack and Sumas area. I feel for them but no, it's not the end of the world.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

flying4dollars wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:26 am
co-joe wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:07 am

It's more than a few mins and there are a few senior skippers there that will feel that extra commute time. Especially the ones in Chilliwack and Sumas area. I feel for them but no, it's not the end of the world.
“A few minutes” lol! Someone’s never driven that stretch of road or hasn’t recently…

Although I agree with you flying4$’s, it’s a brutal change to their commute. I have family in Chilliwack and just the drive to YXX can be nightmarish during peak times. Having to drive further to YVR would force me to reconsider working for that employer or having to sell an already expensive property in the valley for an even more ridiculously expensive shoe box in the city…

TPC

FlyGiep
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyGiep »

So when are the next batch of A/C arriving exactly ?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

FlyGiep wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:11 am So when are the next batch of A/C arriving exactly ?
One June 12th, the crew are in SEA today completing the C1 flight. Next one in July sometime.

FlyGiep
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyGiep »

Thanx tbaylx

F50 vision still on track ?

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

FlyGiep wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:33 pm Thanx tbaylx

What does F50 really entails?

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

F50: A Film crew, 50 guys, and...

YOUR MOM!!!
:mrgreen:
(sorry, couldn't pass up trolling a troll)

Have Pratts - Will Travel
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

capt_Z wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:41 pm
FlyGiep wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:33 pm Thanx tbaylx

What does F50 really entails?
It's just a number SJ picked as a realistic goal to aim for. The final fleet size on this expansion may be 40, it may be 80, nobody really knows. But it gives us a metric to gauge current fleet growth. As WestJet absorbs Swoop, and Sunwing, my guess is that the available ULCC market share for the taking will be on the higher end of that range, but Lynx and Jetlines will undoubtedly give us a good run for the money, Transat Vacations has a fantastic product and is sure to fill a lot of the void left when Sunwing gets folded into WestJet. I'm sure WestJet will continue to play dirty every chance they get.

It's going to be a great few years to be a pilot in Canada.

ads-b
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ads-b »

I enjoy watching pilots pretend the company they work for actually cares about them. Then defend said company and fight against your fellow pilots. Your allegiance shouldn’t be to your company. It should be to the brotherhood/sisterhood of pilots. Then focus on bettering the profession as a whole.

Keep batting at that half eaten low hanging fruit for an upgrade…

F’n madness.

ULCC model doesn’t work in Canada. Stage length to long and to many hands in the cookie jar.

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

ads-b wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:25 pm I enjoy watching pilots pretend the company they work for actually cares about them. Then defend said company and fight against your fellow pilots. Your allegiance shouldn’t be to your company. It should be to the brotherhood/sisterhood of pilots. Then focus on bettering the profession as a whole.

Keep batting at that half eaten low hanging fruit for an upgrade…

F’n madness.

ULCC model doesn’t work in Canada. Stage length to long and to many hands in the cookie jar.
Looks like someone is hurt. 😅

FlyGiep
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyGiep »

Nice to see new Aircraft arriving!

Still adequatley crewed for the arrivals…

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

FlyGiep wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:45 pm Nice to see new Aircraft arriving!

Still adequatley crewed for the arrivals…
The first of two new aircraft arrived in YYC yesterday. We have already hired for these aircraft so won't require any further recruitment to crew these.

MAX8 Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MAX8 Driver »

FlyGiep wrote: F50 vision still on track ?
The target is now 2026-2027

https://www.google.com/amp/s/skiesmag.c ... nes/%3famp

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

tbaylx wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:02 am The first of two new aircraft arrived in YYC yesterday. We have already hired for these aircraft so won't require any further recruitment to crew these.
Are they (both) going to be based in YYC?

Return to “Flair Airlines”