ground schools canceled

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Mr.Alberta
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: ground schools canceled

Post by Mr.Alberta »

tbaylx wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:31 pm
CAP12000 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:44 pm I was just in the latest Lynx Ground School course. Out of the 10 candidates, four were Flair Captains.
That is untrue unless they are still employed by Flair at the same time. We have had only one pilot ( a captain) resign and go to Lynx since Jan 2022 and that was as an immediate reaction to the lease issue a few weeks ago,
So Tbaylx, Are you suggesting these 4 people did not get hired by Lynx? Or did they lie about their qualifications and work history? What part is untrue about that statement? Pretty sure there are indeed more people than you care to admit jumping ship maybe?
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Mr.Alberta wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:49 pm
CAP12000 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:44 pm I was just in the latest Lynx Ground School course. Out of the 10 candidates, four were Flair Captains.
That is untrue unless they are still employed by Flair at the same time. We have had only one pilot ( a captain) resign and go to Lynx since Jan 2022 and that was as an immediate reaction to the lease issue a few weeks ago,
So Tbaylx, Are you suggesting these 4 people did not get hired by Lynx? Or did they lie about their qualifications and work history? What part is untrue about that statement? Pretty sure there are indeed more people than you care to admit jumping ship maybe?
I'm not sure what to tell you, I have the resignation list and since Jan 2022 only one pilot has left Flair to Lynx. So either that was;

1 - a recurrent ground school with pilots that had left Flair a few years ago.
2- it was an initial ground school and three of the pilots from flair haven't provided resignation notices yet and are double dipping
3 - the information isn't correct and the OP is either mistaken or purposely being untruthful

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

tbaylx wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:14 am

I'm not sure what to tell you, I have the resignation list and since Jan 2022 only one pilot has left Flair to Lynx. So either that was

1 - a recurrent ground school with piltos that had left Flair a few years ago.
2- it was an initial ground school and three of the pilots from flair haven't provided resignation notices yet and are double dipping
3 - the information isn't correct and the OP is either mistaken or purposely being untruthful
So, do all resignations tell you where they are going, did you have at least four Captains resign recently, I wouldn’t tell my current employer where I was going, that seems ridiculous.
Are you getting this information from exit interviews? Is it possible resignations lied to you about where they were going, maybe told you AC but really going next door, so many possibilities.
The other being FOs who were awarded the left seat but resigned for Lynx before the training or during, is this what happened?
Would Tbaylx tell us that there are 4 pilots who recently left for Lynx or split hairs to say 4 Captains did not leave for Lynx so that he is technically not lying, so many questions!

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:26 am

I'm not sure what to tell you, I have the resignation list and since Jan 2022 only one pilot has left Flair to Lynx. So either that was

So, do all resignations tell you where they are going, did you have at least four Captains resign recently, I wouldn’t tell my current employer where I was going, that seems ridiculous.
Are you getting this information from exit interviews? Is it possible resignations lied to you about where they were going, maybe told you AC but really going next door, so many possibilities.
The other being FOs who were awarded the left seat but resigned for Lynx before the training or during, is this what happened?
Would Tbaylx tell us that there are 4 pilots who recently left for Lynx or split hairs to say 4 Captains did not leave for Lynx so that he is technically not lying, so many questions!

He did mention the latest bid had 15 new captain positions...... :roll:

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:26 am

Yes, almost all the pilots share where they are going although there are a few gaps. I have no reason to believe that they are untruthful, nor do they stand to gain any benefit by lying or withholding that information. Either way, we wish them the best of luck with their career and future endeavors.

We also haven't lost 4 captains recently. The FO's we've recently had resign were generally young and less than 2500TT and went to AC, though I suppose Lynx could have hired them as DEC's and they weren't being truthful.

I would prefer that we lose no pilots, however, that isn't realistic and there will always be some resignation rate. We just aren't seeing any significant number of piltos leave here to go to Lynx. Believe what you will.

cantraveler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cantraveler »

JakeLRS wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:06 pm Looking at the summer schedule, it looks like a new aircraft type will be running some route pairings.
Is flair wet/dry leasing one of Jetlines' A320's?
Seems to be the case based on this article in the CBC today. A 5 month contract.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.6800153

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

5 month ACMI using an aircraft 10% smaller than your own?

Sounds profitable.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Donald wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:27 am 5 month ACMI using an aircraft 10% smaller than your own?

Sounds profitable.
Heard a yyz ground controller call them “JetFlair” yesterday. Gave me a chuckle.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Donald wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:27 am 5 month ACMI using an aircraft 10% smaller than your own?

Sounds profitable.
Wonder if they asked for payment in advance to a certain amount, like 100 hours or something and when that runs out another, so on!

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

cdnavater wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:19 am

Sounds profitable.
Wonder if they asked for payment in advance to a certain amount, like 100 hours or something and when that runs out another, so on!
Lol. Just like a student renting a c-172 in 50 hour block increments for a discount. Money up front haha

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Looking at Flightradar24 this afternoon FLE645 YYZ-YWG is a Jetlines A320 but whatever. At least Flair is keeping their schedule intact to the satisfaction of their flying customers and to a lesser extent added revenue for Jetlines so they can carry on with their own future plans( where ever that goes).

pilotguy53
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy53 »

Does anyone have any updates on this one? Are we still looking at likely a 2024 resumption for ground school starts? TIA.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

pilotguy53 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:45 am Does anyone have any updates on this one? Are we still looking at likely a 2024 resumption for ground school starts? TIA.
We are tentatively planning a May 23rd ground school to cover an increase in block hours per aircraft. Primarily YEG openings.

pilotguy53
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy53 »

tbaylx wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:35 am
pilotguy53 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:45 am Does anyone have any updates on this one? Are we still looking at likely a 2024 resumption for ground school starts? TIA.
We are tentatively planning a May 23rd ground school to cover an increase in block hours per aircraft. Primarily YEG openings.
Thanks for the speedy reply!

accountant
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by accountant »

Where are all the WS pilots calling for Flair's demise? I thought they were supposed to be gone by now?

Oh wait... they're all sitting behind their keyboards venting that another airline is surviving while they are miserable.

Carry on!

WJ200
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by WJ200 »

This post may not age well. I wish Flair all the best but posts like this are exactly what's wrong with aviation today.

330heavy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 330heavy »

accountant is some pathetic troll or management stool. Ignore him/her and move on. Now more than ever, we need to all stick together and raise eachother up to ensure gains for our profession regardless of which company we work for. Simple concept.

Oleo 4
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Oleo 4 »

accountant wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:03 pm Where are all the WS pilots calling for Flair's demise? I thought they were supposed to be gone by now?

Oh wait... they're all sitting behind their keyboards venting that another airline is surviving while they are miserable.

Carry on!
Accountant,

As a WestJet pilot, I can assure you that fellow pilots do not want to see a company cease to operate. Management may have other intentions, however we are deep into negotiating a contract. The last thing the pilots of WestJet need is a surplus of available 705 pilots on the market. I have my own opinions on consolidation, ULCC's, demographics, frequency, and existing industry fee structures however time will inevitably show its cards. Competition is what makes all of us better, if you offer a better product, then naturally all must adapt or fail.

O

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

Oleo 4 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:26 am
The last thing the pilots of WestJet need is a surplus of available 705 pilots on the market.

[…]

Competition is what makes all of us better
These statements contradict each other.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Aviatard wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:02 pm
Oleo 4 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:26 am
The last thing the pilots of WestJet need is a surplus of available 705 pilots on the market.

[…]

Competition is what makes all of us better
These statements contradict each other.
I don’t believe it was meant the way you took it, a surplus of pilots will have the companies no longer competing for the supply of pilots.
If any company fails, there will be anywhere between a couple hundred to a thousand plus pilots looking for work, taking whatever they can get to pay the bills.

Return to “Flair Airlines”