Negots Committee - Elephant in the room

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

GeoffPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Negots Committee - Elephant in the room

Post by GeoffPilot »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:05 pm
flyingfool wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:16 pm
Straight2Secondary wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:09 am If no one is happy with what ALPA has brought at Jazz or WJ and we have the same monkeys running AC ALPA

Why are we voting in a new union that will be the same dogs breakfast they have proven everywhere else.
Lol

A regional carrier that has been demonized by acpa and have been de leveraged time & time again is a comparator to Delta/FedEx/United/Alaska ALPA!!
In the end, your contract is as good as the negotiation committee. Unions only supply the framework.
In the end, your negotiating committee is as good as your MEC. The MEC provides the framework for negotiations

Hence the disaster of the last MOA. It was a dumpsterfire of a MEC
---------- ADS -----------

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

GeoffPilot wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:33 pm
CaptDukeNukem wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:05 pm
flyingfool wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:16 pm

Lol

A regional carrier that has been demonized by acpa and have been de leveraged time & time again is a comparator to Delta/FedEx/United/Alaska ALPA!!
In the end, your contract is as good as the negotiation committee. Unions only supply the framework.
In the end, your negotiating committee is as good as your MEC. The MEC provides the framework for negotiations

Hence the disaster of the last MOA. It was a dumpsterfire of a MEC
Finally, someone who understands…

You are correct sir.

Straight2Secondary
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Straight2Secondary »

CH hasn't won an election by her peers and she wound up as MEC chair. And how many of the other MEC members are acclaimed and didn't win an election ?

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

She is doing a great job

Really enjoyed meeting her in Montreal. It's a breath of fresh air this new outlook

Straight2Secondary
Rank 1
Rank 1

If you don't get elected by your peers, how can you end up as MEC chair.

Trudeau would love this system

eurotrash
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by eurotrash »

Straight2Secondary wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:19 am If you don't get elected by your peers, how can you end up as MEC chair.

The YVR base chairs had 68% of their base vote for them to go

They stayed. Then recommended a MOA that got 20% approval from the membership

That is ACPA

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

eurotrash wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:04 am
Straight2Secondary wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:19 am If you don't get elected by your peers, how can you end up as MEC chair.

The YVR base chairs had 68% of their base vote for them to go

They stayed. Then recommended a MOA that got 20% approval from the membership

That is ACPA
This. At least CH has a backbone and some integrity.

flyingfool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingfool »

When 80% plus of the membership votes for ALPA and shows their support of the MEC & MEC Chair, are you going to disappear into the catacombs of ACPA?

Dash.Trash
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash.Trash »

The current MEC and Chair have done more to motivate and unify the membership in a few short months than any number of the previous MECs (and Chairs) have done in years, combined. The ALPA reps at the roadshows are impressed with our engagement and energy, rooms are being filled at roadshows and LMMs for the first time in years.

I guess the previous MEC deserves partial credit for bringing us such a flaming turd of an MOA, everyone finally said “alright, enough is enough…”

noreasterYHZ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by noreasterYHZ »

flyingfool wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:25 am

When 80% plus of the membership votes for ALPA and shows their support of the MEC & MEC Chair, are you going to disappear into the catacombs of ACPA?
I wouldn't count on it. These types like to talk about leadership and then when we finally get some at the union, they sling mud from the side because of their own bruised egos

Straight2.Secondary
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Straight2.Secondary »

I'll add that I'm sorry I seem a bit jaded it's just that my butthole hurts from all the times my association and the old guard has bent me over.

This leads to me uncontrollably shitting all over the place and on some people

My apologies

Straight2Secondary
Rank 1
Rank 1

Still not clear why the 2 guys that brought us the MOA in the fall to "fix" flat pay are anywhere near the table right now on this NC.

Chateau
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chateau »

Straight2Secondary wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:35 pm First off. Thank you Gary for being the tie break to let the pilot group vote. I hoped you would be the MEC chair that would have the foresight to see that this type of decision belongs to the group and not the MEC. It could not have been an easy decision, good on you.

Secondly, I'm a yes vote. I agree with the masses, there could have been more to make this an easier decision. But here we are and seeing through the first 48 hours of negative echo chambers, I see a lot of good for our group.

Why I'm a yes, I believe in the growth plan coming for summer 2023 and I want to see more WB CA and FO jobs. I want to see the flat pay reduced to 2 years, and the year 13/14 is another permanent gain I'm happy to see.

I'm a believer that when the company grows, we all win. 2019 was one of my best years at AC and had it not been for 2020 and covid I can only imagine the point my career would be at.

By voting Yes, We allow the bargaining for 2023/2024 to start at this new point and do not need to spend bargaining capital getting this back on the table in 2 years.

The training effeciencies the company gains are wins for us and it gives Jazz the room needed to recover from the Covid debacle the federal government put us all in.

I believe that there is no second swing at this, if we vote no there will be no second chance and it's the new hires that suffer. They have suffered enough over the past 3 years.

I believe in Murray bringing us a fair offer, he's a pilots VP and I trust him.

I do not think we lose any leverage for 2023 and 2024. I think our position is stronger in 2023 negots by voting yes
and we show the execs that we believe in the plan and expect their plan to bring profits in 2023. We will share in those profits and demand the wage increases when we have true leverage.

What is this guy's deal?

Has a huge hard on for voting yes and supporting the negots committee but is now a complete 180 and questions the guys on the negots committee?

stall
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stall »

Standard company shill

All airlines have them

Nothing to see here

Best to move along and focus on what is ahead for the pilot group

Straight2.Secondary
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Straight2.Secondary »

Sorry about that everyone

I'm still recovering from when the membership "hell no" hammer hit my vote yes to everything head. It left me a bit concussed

I'll end my discretions now and focus on unified messages so we can collectively make gains

My apologies team

Straight2Secondary
Rank 1
Rank 1

Now we have 35% of the group turning out for the NC survey ? The farce continues, the vocal minority steering the ship....headed for the rocks

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Straight2Secondary wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:04 pm Now we have 35% of the group turning out for the NC survey ? The farce continues, the vocal minority steering the ship....headed for the rocks
If people don’t want to fill in the survey then they have no real right to complain. Can’t blame the MEC for “the vocal minority steering the ship” if they are the only ones that reply.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Straight2Secondary wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:04 pm Now we have 35% of the group turning out for the NC survey ? The farce continues, the vocal minority steering the ship....headed for the rocks
so because 65% of the pilot group are backseaters who wanna let everyone else do the work, we are headed for the rocks? I'm proud of the work so far and those who are getting involved.

https://imgflip.com/i/7hhmzn

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Your vocal minority theory went out the window with the latest elections and the MOA vote. The vocal may be a minority But the majority agrees with them.

You need to stop assuming just because someone isn’t vocal it means they agree with you. Since they are not vocal you need to check in with them every once in a while to see what they think. Assuming the silent majority was supporting ACPA is part of why ACPA will soon not exist.

FelixGustof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FelixGustof »

Are there are a lot management shills at Air Canada?

Crazy how there are pilots out there will go out of their way to harm other pilots

Return to “Air Canada”