New application

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bear98
Rank 1
Rank 1

New application

Post by bear98 »

Just applied to Porter on the E2, 1900 TT, just wondering how long it took to hear back, how long the whole process was and if anyone has any info in it all? Also wondering where they are doing sim training as there’s no E2 sims in Canada, Thanks 8)
---------- ADS -----------

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: New application

Post by capt_Z »

Any Multi/Multi-crew time?

itaserb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by itaserb »

If you have jet time expect to be called especially if you have E1 time.

If no jet time, try applying for Dash. Be mindful of fleet lock which is 24 month as of now. Might change in the future though.

Good luck!

bear98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bear98 »

capt_Z wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:13 pm Any Multi/Multi-crew time?
Pretty much all multi crew turbine! King air 350 and 250. Just wondering if I have any chance making it on the e2 opposed to the dash?

RobertChow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RobertChow »

bear98 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:09 pm Just applied to Porter on the E2, 1900 TT, just wondering how long it took to hear back, how long the whole process was and if anyone has any info in it all? Also wondering where they are doing sim training as there’s no E2 sims in Canada, Thanks 8)
One E2 Sim in flight safety, Toronto.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

bear98 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:09 pm Just applied to Porter on the E2, 1900 TT, just wondering how long it took to hear back, how long the whole process was and if anyone has any info in it all? Also wondering where they are doing sim training as there’s no E2 sims in Canada, Thanks 8)
They are using two sims. One at downsview airport and the other in Paris, both at flight safety. You’ll likely hear back within a few weeks to a month. They are a little behind on training, but from hire date to line check is probably in the 3-4 month range in my estimate.

bear98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bear98 »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:25 am
They are using two sims. One at downsview airport and the other in Paris, both at flight safety. You’ll likely hear back within a few weeks to a month. They are a little behind on training, but from hire date to line check is probably in the 3-4 month range in my estimate.
Awesome! Thanks for the info , first shot at a 705 op so pretty excited and eager

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

bear98 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:42 am
Awesome! Thanks for the info , first shot at a 705 op so pretty excited and eager
Good luck my friend. It’s a great company. Morale is high. People are great. Going through a little teething pain right now with some of the new things. But it’s actively being resolved. Hope to see you on the line.

bear98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bear98 »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:44 am

Good luck my friend. It’s a great company. Morale is high. People are great. Going through a little teething pain right now with some of the new things. But it’s actively being resolved. Hope to see you on the line.
Mind if I PM you? Got a few questions

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

I’m curious, genuinely, if you apply to Porter, is there a separate portal for Q vs E2? If not, when you interview are you told what position you are interviewing for or is it, they offer a job and at that point they tell what it is?

bear98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bear98 »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:28 am

I’m curious, genuinely, if you apply to Porter, is there a separate portal for Q vs E2? If not, when you interview are you told what position you are interviewing for or is it, they offer a job and at that point they tell what it is?
There’s 2 separate job postings , so I’m assuming it’s 2 separate portals? I’m not sure if dukenukem can elaborate ?

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

bear98 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:31 am

There’s 2 separate job postings , so I’m assuming it’s 2 separate portals? I’m not sure if dukenukem can elaborate ?
Ok, I was curious because they kept them as separate operations and when you used to interview at WJ or was for all companies, when the offer came in it was for whichever company they decided. Of course I’m sure there’s pressure to take what they offer, kinda like the old bait and switch technique.
Anyhow good luck to you, exciting times for pilots, if it doesn’t work out you could come to Jazz for a quick upgrade, might want to wait and see if anything comes from current negotiations first though.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Duplicate

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

bear98 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:10 am

Mind if I PM you? Got a few questions
Sure thing :)

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Yes, on their careers page. You select which one you are applying for. I haven’t heard of anyone getting switched at groundschool or not knowing their position/base prior to hire date.

cjp
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cjp »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:37 am
bear98 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:31 am
Ok, I was curious because they kept them as separate operations and when you used to interview at WJ or was for all companies, when the offer came in it was for whichever company they decided. Of course I’m sure there’s pressure to take what they offer, kinda like the old bait and switch technique.
Anyhow good luck to you, exciting times for pilots, if it doesn’t work out you could come to Jazz for a quick upgrade, might want to wait and see if anything comes from current negotiations first though.
I would imagine a number of factors dictate what will happen when their initial offer comes back; those being your experience in comparison to the applicant field and willingness to wait for what you want.

If you're in the matrix for a certain position and have a signficiant breadth of experience - it's likely you can ask for the most coveted position right now, which is the E2 Captain - even if offered something lower initially (they obviously want to fill a *lower* desired position when able).

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:18 am

Yes, on their careers page. You select which one you are applying for. I haven’t heard of anyone getting switched at groundschool or not knowing their position/base prior to hire date.
Well that’s nice to also know your base, at Jazz you don’t even know your base until day 3 when you draw your number!

smooth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by smooth »

Porter has E2 sim in FlightSafety Toronto, and they send people to Paris FlightSafety as well. Question for you? Do you have any jet hours?

bear98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bear98 »

smooth wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:58 am Porter has E2 sim in FlightSafety Toronto, and they send people to Paris FlightSafety as well. Question for you? Do you have any jet hours?

No I don’t have any jet time, just multi crew multi turbine

cjp
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cjp »

bear98 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:55 am
smooth wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:58 am Porter has E2 sim in FlightSafety Toronto, and they send people to Paris FlightSafety as well. Question for you? Do you have any jet hours?

No I don’t have any jet time, just multi crew multi turbine
Stay hungry (not literally), stay focused. Do you know anyone internally who can assist in pulling your application?

My understanding is that there has been a wave of experienced jet applications in the last few weeks that P&C and the hiring committee are working through. We are all running at 110% so just...bear with the process...I'll see myself out now.

Return to “Porter Airlines”