AC Jetz

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ogopogo
Rank 5
Rank 5

AC Jetz

Post by ogopogo »

How does AC crew this operation? Is is something any pilot can bid for, or is it crewed separately?
---------- ADS -----------

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: AC Jetz

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Feats of strength, unless it's your birthday then you get to go to the front of the line.

Have Pratts - Will Travel
Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

ogopogo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:46 pm How does AC crew this operation? Is is something any pilot can bid for, or is it crewed separately?
They are normally in the monthly bid package. Bid on them based on seniority.

Adhoc charters including some of the play off Jets flying can end up in open time if it shows up late

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

The flying actually isn’t that good. 5-6 day pairings, mostly all red eye flying, credit isn’t the best. You visit secondary airports in a lot of cities, pro or con depending on how you look at it.

Pros are long layovers in some different cities, perks like getting to attend games and meet cool people. Engineer flies with you, he will get the plane ready for the pilots and put it to bed every night.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Jetz just uses ordinary mainline A320 pilots. There’s no specific bid line for Jetz flights so if you want to try and do them (or avoid them) you have to pick through the pairing package every month and tweak your bid accordingly. The FAs and mechanic are on year-long assignments to a specific team so they’ll actually know the folks on board but the pilots are just pilots who interchange in and out. Hockey teams tend to fly right after the game lets out so no, you won’t be going to the game. Destinations can be an interesting change of scenery but somehow this past year the third party company that books hotels has mistakenly cancelled every booking I’ve had. It’s uncanny. Higher likelihood of empty repositioning legs on a Jetz pairing and those are kind of fun. Neat to stroll down the aisle of a completely empty jetliner in cruise.

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

API screwed up your hotel bookings? How is that possible???

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

NotDirty! wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:36 am API screwed up your hotel bookings? How is that possible???
:lol: :lol:

I've done a fair bit of Jetz flying in my short time here so far. It is unproductive, but on junior reserve who cares. I did one red eye, the rest were either short hops (less than an hour) or day time flights including repositioning without anyone even on board. The layovers cool. You get to overnight in a lot of cities not normally served by the 320 on mainline flights. The hotels are great and the food is awesome. The flying is pretty chill. It's corporate flying on an A320. It offers a nice change in pace from the sched side of things.

Return to “Air Canada”