Pasco, we know!!!

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Pasco, we know!!!

Post by YC87DRVR »

The constant spamming of jobs adds on here has gone way past desperation, it’s just getting sad.
There has to be a better way, clearly avcanada isn’t working.

Also posting NEW PAYSCALE to then only be offering a 705 Saab Skipper, 75-100k and 3% RRSP matching is laughable. That’s poverty wages in YVR.
---------- ADS -----------

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Pasco, we know!!!

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

I'm in complete agreement with you here. They're making themselves look even worse with the constant spamming. Huge red flags.
Maybe they should try a "pilot job fair" to find recruits like WestJet is running. :lol:

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

But do you know that they have a NEW PAY SCALE?

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

khedrei wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:57 pm But do you know that they have a NEW PAY SCALE?
No, where did you hear that?

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

I’m sorry, 75K for a 705 Captain is a NEW payscale.

That is absolutely absurd. Every other company on the property in YVR is paying more than that. GONE are the days of, oh I have to do it as I want to be in YVR.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Just for accuracy DEC comes in at year 2. So its more like 83k

yowflyer23
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yowflyer23 »

I don't think I saw it mentioned on here, but did you know that they have a new pay scale?!?

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

flyinhigh wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:22 am I’m sorry, 75K for a 705 Captain is a NEW payscale.

That is absolutely absurd. Every other company on the property in YVR is paying more than that. GONE are the days of, oh I have to do it as I want to be in YVR.
So just for comparison, I was offered $75k to fly a PC12 out of a place far cheaper to live than YVR in 2005. That's $110k in todays dollars which is reasonable IMO. Now figure the added revenue generated by a Saab and we should be looking at a ballpark of $150k. Now add a housing premium for YVR...

We have a long way to go to catch up with inflation.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I made that on a King Air 7 years ago.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

You have to be mental (or have inherited a lot of money) to accept a job that pays that little anywhere in the Lower Mainland, let alone captain on an aircraft.

I lived there for three years, when I had a real job (not flying) in the late 2000s, making 85K a year and my 1 bedroom condo (on the skytrain line) was $350,000. Even then I found it absurdly expensive. Add "depressing weather" and "unfriendly people" and you can see why I left. The only way I'd ever move back there is if ... yeah never.

But wait, it has mountains and the ocean. Yeah nah yeah... Mountains, forests and hiking are about as fun as watching paint dry, for me, so for those of you that love it there, I give you two enthusiastic thumbs up. Each his own.

CanadaAir
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by CanadaAir »

Bede wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:36 pm
flyinhigh wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:22 am I’m sorry, 75K for a 705 Captain is a NEW payscale.

So just for comparison, I was offered $75k to fly a PC12 out of a place far cheaper to live than YVR in 2005. That's $110k in todays dollars which is reasonable IMO. Now figure the added revenue generated by a Saab and we should be looking at a ballpark of $150k. Now add a housing premium for YVR...

:smt041 :smt038

Many posters on this site should read this and learn about inflation.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

CanadaAir wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:25 pm

Sry, what’s inflation. :smt040

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

flyinhigh wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:24 am
CanadaAir wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:25 pm

Sry, what’s inflation. :smt040
I think its something that's transient.

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

Heard they got rid of confirmed commuting, where you live out of base like Comox or Victoria, and they will commute you confirmed to Vancouver to start your shift…huge mistake.

In terms of this “new payscale”, paying Saab captains the same as 1900 drivers is, well, not really industry standard.

For comparative measure, other 1900/king air operators around the country are starting pay of $140k to live somewhere considerably cheaper-plus they offer paid confirmed rotations. There are MUCH better options out there I’d say.

For them to be competitive and for someone experienced to actually consider pasco long term, their starting pay for left should be minimum $150k, especially given the fact that inflation is crazy high and cost of living in Vancouver is insane. I just saw a global jet ad for FO YVR based that STARTS at $125k…

rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

Did you see the new payscale?

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

rando wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:33 pm Did you see the new payscale?
I just came here to let everyone know about the new pay scale but you beat me to it.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Pasco has a new pay scale.

It’s at least a dollar more.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

Just to play devil's advocate, what *should* the pay be?
I'd bet, if they were to pay $200k (if they could afford it) that they would still need to run ads, as people cycled on through in search of perceived nirvana at FlAirYnxWestPorter flying some big jet..

I'd also be willing to bet, if you stayed to the top of their scale, that you could probably negotiate longevity bonuses above the $100K mentioned...

[Disclaimer: don't/haven't work/ed at PASCO]

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

I bet if they paid 200k they wouldn't need to run an ad until their pilots died. I say died cause they wouldn't even retire.

The pay should be 80k for FO and say 120 for CA to start. Even that is hard to get by on in YVR.

No one is making fun of operations that do that. Yet people are all over these guys.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know Pasco is HIRING!!! They have an awesome new pay scale! Check out the ad!

viewtopic.php?t=188148

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Return to “Employment Forum”