PSAC fighting to save lives and protect others.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: PSAC fighting to save lives and protect others.

Post by Aviatard »

GhostRider6 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:37 pm Lockdowns actually had a positive impact on families and society. I know many families who enjoyed more time with their kids and got to enjoy a slower pace of life?
Maybe for some people it was positive. I think it had really bad effects on a lot of other people, like socialization of young children. I think it also had negative effects on adult mental health. Personally I really don’t ever want to do that again.
---------- ADS -----------

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

rando wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:41 pm
newlygrounded wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:31 pm What workers? I'm not talking about spokespeople/talking heads have gone out to say we should lock down forever? One of the few good things about the pandemic is we found out remote work, works just fine. Younger people finally had a chance to move to cheaper areas and afford to put down roots (buy a house etc) but everyone here is so jealous
I don't disagree with this. WFH is fine. But doesn't mean federal workers are entitled to it. If gov finds its more productive to bring people to an office that's how they will do it. If they want to get wfh they might have to give up negotiating capital for it.

Private business is split, some called back and some WFH. They have their checks and balances to make sure the job is getting done. Lots of private biz called people back because they found a huge disconnect when people wfh.
Do you have a source for it being less productive? Nearly every study has positive outcomes. Anecdotally I find most companies (and likely the feds) brought people back in as they looked "foolish" spending millions a month on leases that weren't being used, or had large investment into REIT's which obviously do bad if people aren't forced to go in

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

rando wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:21 pm
GhostRider6 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:37 pm Lockdowns actually had a positive impact on families and society.
😂 My God we found one! The person who thinks lockdowns are great!

Why not just lockdown forever if it's so positive 😂.

Is the inflation we have today positive for families? Is it helping them buy homes? Is it keeping food on the table? This inflation is a direct product of locking down the economy and printing money. So basically lockdown was an expensive forced vacation for everyone. Hope you all enjoyed it! Lol

I can't believe how out of touch people are. Lots of people struggled greatly though lockdowns and here we have someone trying to justify authoritarian government as a fucking health benefit. Of course you are just being sarcastic but this is the take of the federal workers! Lockdown forever!

Misinformation, disinformation and general poppycock!

You must be one of those trucker Neanderthals.

Many people bought homes during the pandemic… real estate went nuts… people had more disposable income.

Lockdowns had zero negative impact on economics/ inflation. Inflation was due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

I am happy families got to have that home and become healthier and reconnect in many cases.

There is zero scientific data that indicates lockdowns severely/ negatively impacted society.

Also, people who were impacted by lockdowns did receive benefits and were compensated.

Lockdowns probably saved billions of people from dying until the vaccine campaign began.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

GhostRider6 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:03 pm
GhostRider6 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:37 pm Lockdowns actually had a positive impact on families and society.

Is the inflation we have today positive for families? Is it helping them buy homes? Is it keeping food on the table? This inflation is a direct product of locking down the economy and printing money. So basically lockdown was an expensive forced vacation for everyone. Hope you all enjoyed it! Lol

I can't believe how out of touch people are. Lots of people struggled greatly though lockdowns and here we have someone trying to justify authoritarian government as a fucking health benefit. Of course you are just being sarcastic but this is the take of the federal workers! Lockdown forever!

Many people bought homes during the pandemic… real estate went nuts… people had more disposable income.

Lockdowns had zero negative impact on economics/ inflation. Inflation was due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

I am happy families got to have that home and become healthier and reconnect in many cases.

There is zero scientific data that indicates lockdowns severely/ negatively impacted society.

Also, people who were impacted by lockdowns did receive benefits and were compensated.

Lockdowns probably saved billions of people from dying until the vaccine campaign began.
The first post you made like this i wasn't sure. Im still not 100% but I think this is sarcasm to make fun of the people who cheered on this nonsense.

If you arent just trolling and are serious, you are likely one of the most out of touch people on here.

Even Aviatard doesn't think lockdowns were good. Now if only we could convince him that people should be free to make their own medical choices and that masks (and more importantly, mask mandates) did virtually nothing but harm, then I'd say we are making some progress.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

khedrei wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:41 pm
GhostRider6 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:03 pm

The first post you made like this i wasn't sure. Im still not 100% but I think this is sarcasm to make fun of the people who cheered on this nonsense.

If you arent just trolling and are serious, you are likely one of the most out of touch people on here.

Even Aviatard doesn't think lockdowns were good. Now if only we could convince him that people should be free to make their own medical choices and that masks (and more importantly, mask mandates) did virtually nothing but harm, then I'd say we are making some progress.

Nope! I’m proudly anti- anti-Vaxxer / Freedumbie mindless rabble.

A special place in hell is reserved for these types who prolonged the pandemic.

My great awakening during the pandemic came when I realized with total disgust that there’s individuals who don’t care about the lives of others and saving others from a lethal illness. I proudly still wear my KN95 in the grocery store, parks and other public venues.

I enjoyed lockdown and I believe it weeded out/ highlighted those who are mentally ill. The positive, upbeat and mentally grounded had no issues with lockdowns, masks and taking a little prick (that was medically sound )in the arm to save their community. I still continue to take my boosters as directed. - I haven’t had a heart attack. Nothing.

This, is in sharp contrast to the pricks who didn’t take the vaccine.

It’s also revolting that theirs is Neanderthals who choose not to trust our Honorable Prime Minister. (I’m a proud liberal supporter)

We do have something in common though. I do believe in the “great reset” and applaud our leaders and business community for taking action to improve society and solve climate change and the pandemic.

I do not hide my views nor beliefs ! No will I.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

Yeah..... you're totally trolling.

Even the most brainwashed here aren't THAT brainwashed.

J Roc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by J Roc »

GhostRider6 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:55 pm
Nope! I’m proudly anti- anti-Vaxxer / Freedumbie mindless rabble.

A special place in hell is reserved for these types who prolonged the pandemic.

My great awakening during the pandemic came when I realized with total disgust that there’s individuals who don’t care about the lives of others and saving others from a lethal illness. I proudly still wear my KN95 in the grocery store, parks and other public venues.

I enjoyed lockdown and I believe it weeded out/ highlighted those who are mentally ill. The positive, upbeat and mentally grounded had no issues with lockdowns, masks and taking a little prick (that was medically sound )in the arm to save their community. I still continue to take my boosters as directed. - I haven’t had a heart attack. Nothing.

This, is in sharp contrast to the pricks who didn’t take the vaccine.

It’s also revolting that theirs is Neanderthals who choose not to trust our Honorable Prime Minister. (I’m a proud liberal supporter)

We do have something in common though. I do believe in the “great reset” and applaud our leaders and business community for taking action to improve society and solve climate change and the pandemic.

I do not hide my views nor beliefs ! No will I.

Attachments
FTfU8SSWYAE0qqp.jpeg
FTfU8SSWYAE0qqp.jpeg (112.19 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

PSAC did an excellent job…

Offer from government was 9 percent over 3 years…. Nah that’s shit… TA is 12 percent over 4 years 🤡. Imagine paying union dues for that kind of offer. They must think you all dumb and can’t do some basic math lol.

Unprecedented inflation and they will get an extra 1 percent over the standard 2. Ouch!

Media is playing this like it was such a great gain and it will cause a chain reaction of other people getting 3 percent raises. This is the set up. Government wants everyone to think this TA is the gold standard. Westjet pilots, you should take the same 3 percent a year right?

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

Didn't they get unprecedented ability to work with their superiors to arrange working remotely? Or something along those lines...

Return to “Covid”