Don't be a scab

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Don't be a scab

Post by Blueontop »

Canadaflyer46 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:59 am It is my understanding that the 72 hour strike notice can be given on the 13th at 1 minute past midnight (i.e. tonight). I'm not sure whether the CIRB thing will hold things back or not, it was a last ditch deperate attempt by the company just like the Sunwing wet lease which they did a 180 on within hours. Absolute desperate tactics we're seeing now.
There is some uncertainty and discussion among the pilot group on whether we can press on with a strike notice despite the CIRB giving WJ an extra week to submit additional documentaion. We will find out very soon!
Jesus Christ! 🙄🤦‍♂️ what is CIRB? Hold the the line westjet pilots! Don’t start to break historical solidarity, we all have your backs!
---------- ADS -----------

a2btrail
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by a2btrail »

HOLD the line!!! IMO the WJA MEC should give the notice on the 13th.

Canadaflyer46
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

Blueontop wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:04 am
Canadaflyer46 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:59 am It is my understanding that the 72 hour strike notice can be given on the 13th at 1 minute past midnight (i.e. tonight). I'm not sure whether the CIRB thing will hold things back or not, it was a last ditch deperate attempt by the company just like the Sunwing wet lease which they did a 180 on within hours. Absolute desperate tactics we're seeing now.
There is some uncertainty and discussion among the pilot group on whether we can press on with a strike notice despite the CIRB giving WJ an extra week to submit additional documentaion. We will find out very soon!
Jesus Christ! 🙄🤦‍♂️ what is CIRB? Hold the the line westjet pilots! Don’t start to break historical solidarity, we all have your backs!
Thank you! The solidarity and unity between our airline peers right now is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSgSk2k ... iveCouncil

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

I’m sure your MEC will make that decision based on sound legal advise. No one wants to accidentally invite government intervention. A week or so delay won’t mean squat in the end.

However if legal green lights the 16th. Go!

Canadaflyer46
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

averageatbest wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:18 pm Please remember that when you see someone walking past the picket line in uniform, they are more likely to be a sympathetic Encore pilot than a scab.

If you want to see who's operating any WS or WO flight, you can see it through ICAS Tools using the Atlas app.

Encore pilots are behind you and will be supporting in every way we can in the bounds of our contractual obligations.
Because you advertised this on here the Icas app access has now been shut down for every pilot in the company. Nice work. Just think next time please!

Canadaflyer46
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

CIRB issue now closed. Union email just came out. We are not deemed essential and can strike as early as May 16th.

Aeroncachump
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aeroncachump »

Canadaflyer46 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:47 am CIRB issue now closed. Union email just came out. We are not deemed essential and can strike as early as May 16th.
Cool! And thanks for getting ICAS access shut down. It was a great tool for more than just creeping operating crew you know. Try exercising a little bit more discipline about the information you publish to a public forum please.

Edit to say sorry to Canadaflyer46. It wasn't you who mentioned ICAS. I'll leave the post to take ownership of my error and as conciliation for being an ass towards you.

Last edited by Aeroncachump on Fri May 12, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Aeroncachump wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:37 am
Canadaflyer46 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:47 am CIRB issue now closed. Union email just came out. We are not deemed essential and can strike as early as May 16th.
Cool! And thanks for getting ICAS access shut down. It was a great tool for more than just creeping operating crew you know. Try exercising a little bit more discipline about the information you publish to a public forum please.
You are chiding the wrong poster, Canadaflyer46 was thanking the one who did post the information, that being said, I’m sure a pilot who was planning on scabbing would have had it shut down anyway.

Aeroncachump
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aeroncachump »

cdnavater wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:30 am
Aeroncachump wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:37 am
You are chiding the wrong poster, Canadaflyer46 was thanking the one who did post the information, that being said, I’m sure a pilot who was planning on scabbing would have had it shut down anyway.
You are correct. It was @averageatbest. My apologies to @Canadaflyer46. The heat of the moment got the best of me.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

If my post was the reason why the tool was taken down, we are more f'd than I thought.

a2btrail
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by a2btrail »

Based on WJ CEOs last email tonight. Looks like a strike is most likely the way to go. He has no sense of reality. Let him learn the hard way.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

averageatbest wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:18 pm If my post was the reason why the tool was taken down, we are more f'd than I thought.
It was. I haven’t been in Avcanda in like five years. It was great for commuting. Thanks for fucking it up.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

RidersRule wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:53 pm
averageatbest wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:18 pm If my post was the reason why the tool was taken down, we are more f'd than I thought.
It was. I haven’t been in Avcanda in like five years. It was great for commuting. Thanks for fucking it up.

Don’t go to hard on averagebeast, sounds like genuine mistake and if it wasn’t him would have been someone else. And it wouldn’t have been long into a strike that the other side would have connected that dot anyway.. don’t start infighting now destroying all the goodwill and solidarity we as pilots have created. We’re all in this together! Sure it is unfortunate but c’est la vie.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Lots of way to find out who’s operating the flights during a strike.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

Blueontop wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:04 am
RidersRule wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:53 pm

We’re all in this together!
Don't use those words. It brings back some bad memories ... #maskforlife

av8r374
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by av8r374 »

Let's put the ICAS issue to bed.

It was in the works no less than the week prior to averageatbest's post. First caught wind of the planned takedown on May 1st based on IT security issues that were identified the week prior.

Sad it's gone though.

accountant
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by accountant »

Why haven't you guys given your notice already? Oh yeah, too chicken to strike.

Crewbunk
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Crewbunk »

accountant wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:45 am Why haven't you guys given your notice already? Oh yeah, too chicken to strike.
Pre-pubescent playground taunting? Really?

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

accountant wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:45 am Why haven't you guys given your notice already? Oh yeah, too chicken to strike.
You should listen to the MEC to know why.

Canadaflyer46
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

You really are a nasty piece of work. With no perceptible knowledge of our industry or apparently labour negotiations, I fail to understand why you spend so much of your time trolling this forum.

Return to “WestJet”