6 Months…you’re out?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

SkyBagPiper
Rank 1
Rank 1

6 Months…you’re out?

Post by SkyBagPiper »

I had heard that you had 6 months from the interview date
to be in the system, then get ejected, regardless if you are still in the hiring process or not.

Example; you interview in March, pass all the documentation, the medical, the psych eval, background check is sent to you. Don’t hear back. Then get ejected come September as your 6 months is up.

Or does that just apply to when you get called for a course and decide to defer.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: 6 Months…you’re out?

Post by lownslow »

That’s untrue, or at least was as of a couple years ago. IIRC the interview does have an expiry date if you defer your start but in that case they may just ask you to do another.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

If this were true Air Canada would have to reinterview almost all of the jazz candidates still waiting for a call. That would be 100s.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:47 am If this were true Air Canada would have to reinterview almost all of the jazz candidates still waiting for a call. That would be 100s.
Was that a reply to me? I thought the question pertained to OTS candidates, Jazz is a whole other mess probably.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

lownslow wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:32 pm
canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:47 am If this were true Air Canada would have to reinterview almost all of the jazz candidates still waiting for a call. That would be 100s.
Was that a reply to me? I thought the question pertained to OTS candidates, Jazz is a whole other mess probably.
Does not say OTS anywhere.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Mea culpa, but my statements stand.

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

SkyBagPiper wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:54 pm I had heard that you had 6 months from the interview date
to be in the system, then get ejected, regardless if you are still in the hiring process or not.

Example; you interview in March, pass all the documentation, the medical, the psych eval, background check is sent to you. Don’t hear back. Then get ejected come September as your 6 months is up.

Or does that just apply to when you get called for a course and decide to defer.

Thanks!
I think what you might be referring to is the “reapply in 6 months” remark if you get the “PFO”…

Return to “Air Canada”