How many people do you think fail sim eval?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

gopherblack
Rank 2
Rank 2

How many people do you think fail sim eval?

Post by gopherblack »

In your opinion, what is the success rate for sim eval? I've gone through several forum posts and it seems the success rate is pretty high but some people are still failing their sim eval
---------- ADS -----------

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: How many people do you think fail sim eval?

Post by QKZXKV »

Paging capt_z... they/them/whoever would know best

easyfox386
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by easyfox386 »

Also, how does one fail a sim eval?

Blackdog0301
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blackdog0301 »

Respectfully, why does it matter? Knowing the answer to this will only make you feel either more stressed than you did before, or invincible, neither of which will benefit you. Fly it like an airplane, demonstrate solid CRM skills, and know your IFR procedures. It's the same for every sim eval.

gopherblack
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by gopherblack »

Blackdog0301 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:20 pm Respectfully, why does it matter? Knowing the answer to this will only make you feel either more stressed than you did before, or invincible, neither of which will benefit you. Fly it like an airplane, demonstrate solid CRM skills, and know your IFR procedures. It's the same for every sim eval.
I asked this because I felt it might take the edge off or help me feel a bit more relaxed going into sim. Weird strategy, I know.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

The simeval is way easier that it was in 2018.
Noting complicated. Just talk to you partner during the eval and take the decision together.
You'll be fine.
Oh and if you have also applied to Encore or another 705, feel free to leave Jazz, it's not worth the hassle especially when everybody is paying more.

gopherblack
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by gopherblack »

kiaszceski wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:41 am The simeval is way easier that it was in 2018.
Noting complicated. Just talk to you partner during the eval and take the decision together.
You'll be fine.
Oh and if you have also applied to Encore or another 705, feel free to leave Jazz, it's not worth the hassle especially when everybody is paying more.
Thanks for replying, I'll go to whoever calls first or pays more lol

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

kiaszceski wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:41 am The simeval is way easier that it was in 2018.
You'll be fine.
+1

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

gopherblack wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:54 am
You'll be fine.
Even if Jazz calls first, go to the one that is paying more or gives you a better future.
I've seen people leaving before their first recurrent to Flair/Cargojet.
Good luck!

gopherblack
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by gopherblack »

kiaszceski wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:03 pm
You'll be fine.
Even if Jazz calls first, go to the one that is paying more or gives you a better future.
Good luck!
in your opinon,

encore>jazz, i know the pay is way better at encore but career wise? that are my two options as of now

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

QKZXKV wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:48 pm Paging capt_z... they/them/whoever would know best
As they are slowing down hiring for the year. Sim Evals success rates are going down as well. I would say 20-25% pass rate.

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

capt_Z wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:06 pm
QKZXKV wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:48 pm Paging capt_z... they/them/whoever would know best
As they are slowing down hiring for the year. Sim Evals success rates are going down as well. I would say 20-25% pass rate.
Woaw, that's pretty good, I thought the pass rate was 5-10%...what would we do without you capt_z :rolleyes:

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

twa22 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:07 pm
capt_Z wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:06 pm
Woaw, that's pretty good, I thought the pass rate was 5-10%...what would we do without you capt_z :rolleyes:
You are welcome.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

gopherblack wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:04 pm
kiaszceski wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:03 pm

Good luck!
in your opinon,

encore>jazz, i know the pay is way better at encore but career wise? that are my two options as of now
You're gonna get to AC/Cargojet/Flair/Transat faster from Encore than with Jazz to AC.
Unless you want to get in Westjet mainline, Encore is the best option. the pay is not bad. Worse case scenario you'll get in Westjet mainline at the bottom on the list instead of carrying your seniority number.
If WJ is your goal, get to Jazz, go get your ATPL and apply to mainline directly.
Jazz is all about shrinking, depending on where you going to be based, you could stay reserve for more than 6 months, and 6 months at $2000/months. Encore is paying 60k and you'll be flying a lot so lot of per diem and if you need Overtime, it's easier to get them at Encore.

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

Jazz is shrinking western based significantly. So if you want west encore is a good option for you definitely.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loading... »

Don't listen to these negative folks on here. Hiring is not slowing down. The pass rate currently sits at about 2/3 pass the sim eval. Some people also fail the psych test which is done on the same day after the sim. They are not deliberatly "shrinking" and Western base, its simply that we dont have enough crews to operate a full schedule. Additionally flying in the West has not fully recovered after covid.

airbussy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by airbussy »

capt_Z wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:45 pm Jazz is shrinking western based significantly. So if you want west encore is a good option for you definitely.
No they're not.

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

Bigbirdplane wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:22 pm Prepare for your sim eval here

Or.... or.... hear me out here.... DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

This guy makes me literally cringe. Oh well. There's one in every room. He made his choices, must be weird to go through an entire career knowing what your colleagues think of you.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Bigbirdplane wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:22 pm Prepare for your sim eval here.
https://courses.www.pilotdmello.com/Si ... reparation

504B6B7C-2035-48C9-8F90-EA2A3D3DA7B4.jpeg
Bahahhahahahha, $75 dollar value to talk with Kieth himself. Holy shit, where do I sign up to talk to the guy who got PFO’d from AC, bragged about how good the pay/lifestyle was at Jazz, than ditched them for AC and Cargo Jet instantly.

I feel like doing this for my upcoming sim eval at Superior Airways to see the teachings I could get from a highly experienced person such as him. I’m sure he could tell me everything about operating in tough uncontrolled environments.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”