Any US Visa success stories?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Any US Visa success stories?

Post by JHR »

---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Phlyer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:10 am
highspeed wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:04 pm
I got my EB-2 approval in the beginning of the month.
The endless wait now for the green card.
Does the EB2 give you the legal rights to work in the US while you wait for the green card?
Are you applying to companies there while you do all your licence conversions?
Cheers
You need a Social Security Number (card/paper) to work.

Not sure you can get that with the approved visa. You most certainly can with the green card.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-un ... rence-eb-2

EB2 (employment based) is a dual intent visa (work and immigration) but really much like nurses we should fall under EB3 skilled worker (more than 2 years training), professional, bachelors degree, or unskilled (less than two years training) not EB2 NIW

highspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by highspeed »

airbussy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:25 pm
highspeed wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:04 pm
I got my EB-2 approval in the beginning of the month.
The endless wait now for the green card.
Does the EB2 give you the legal rights to work in the US while you wait for the green card?
Cheers
EB2 is a green card. The poster isn't making sense with how they worded things. I presume they meant they got approved, but there's a wait time to get the actual card. But EB2 is a green card, it's permanent residency.
Sigh. I am neck deep in the process. To say that I don't make sense and state with misinformed confidence that the EB-2 approval is a visa is not doing you or others any favors.
The approval EXPLICITLY states that it is NOT a visa of any sort. The approval moves on to the NVC where you twiddle your thumbs in line for an interview to obtain the green card.

Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Phlyer »

Thanks Highspeed - best of luck to you.
Please keep us updated

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

highspeed wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:57 pm
airbussy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:25 pm

Cheers
EB2 is a green card. The poster isn't making sense with how they worded things. I presume they meant they got approved, but there's a wait time to get the actual card. But EB2 is a green card, it's permanent residency.
Sigh. I am neck deep in the process. To say that I don't make sense and state with misinformed confidence that the EB-2 approval is a visa is not doing you or others any favors.
The approval EXPLICITLY states that it is NOT a visa of any sort. The approval moves on to the NVC where you twiddle your thumbs in line for an interview to obtain the green card.
How long from starting point to getting the EB2 approval take? You care to share your experience levels? tia

highspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by highspeed »

The process is lengthy and tedious.
Lots of documents to be compiled spanning your entire flying career.
Recommendation letters can take a while to get organised. Reaching out to previous employers and getting verification letters takes time as well.
The wording of all documents has to be specific to meet the application requirements.
My firm went through my package in fine detail. Caught errors I never realised I had. That can also take a while with all the back and forth.
They definitely took their sweet ass time in preparing the petition.
Apart from the duration of the process, I was happy with the firm I chose primarily because of their attention to detail.
From the moment I started till application submission was 6 months. Approval took 8 days.

11K TT. 8K jet PIC. TRI NB.

Good luck.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Anyone on here successfully got the EB-3 employer sponsored visa through a US employer or employment agency? I looked into it and apparently there is an employment agency (OMS) in Florida that offers this service with Cape Air and Amerijet. It costs quite a bit but leads to a green card if successful and requires less experience than the EB-2 NIW.

dh89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dh89 »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:41 am Anyone on here successfully got the EB-3 employer sponsored visa through a US employer or employment agency? I looked into it and apparently there is an employment agency (OMS) in Florida that offers this service with Cape Air and Amerijet. It costs quite a bit but leads to a green card if successful and requires less experience than the EB-2 NIW.
Hi
I did the video seminar with them and they will get you employment but the cheapest they come is at $26k plus plus... you gota get an FAA ATP on your own and such.
You will have to committ to cape, amerijet or the other one for a year and then you are free to go anywhere. Sounds fair but the cost of the process is alot and I'm not sure if anything is gauranteed. If it is you'd well be benefiting as you'd probably make your investment back within a year if you compare salaries to our canadian swamp.
Best of luck to you all. Keep the comments and tips coming

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

dh89 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:43 am
Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:41 am Anyone on here successfully got the EB-3 employer sponsored visa through a US employer or employment agency? I looked into it and apparently there is an employment agency (OMS) in Florida that offers this service with Cape Air and Amerijet. It costs quite a bit but leads to a green card if successful and requires less experience than the EB-2 NIW.
Hi
I did the video seminar with them and they will get you employment but the cheapest they come is at $26k plus plus... you gota get an FAA ATP on your own and such.
You will have to committ to cape, amerijet or the other one for a year and then you are free to go anywhere. Sounds fair but the cost of the process is alot and I'm not sure if anything is gauranteed. If it is you'd well be benefiting as you'd probably make your investment back within a year if you compare salaries to our canadian swamp.
I spoke with them a few days ago and they want 26k upfront(cheapest of 3 options) for the EB-3 visa before filing the I-140. From my research, they have had visa denials in the past and I doubt they would refund the 26K in that case. Sounds pretty risky to me.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

Doubtful you will make it back in the first year flying a 402 for cape air.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

I heard Cape air pay is around $50,000usd. And fly your ass off

dh89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dh89 »

JHR wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:52 pm I heard Cape air pay is around $50,000usd. And fly your ass off
Yess... cape air will fly you as if you're not human.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

:smt014
Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:54 pm
Hi
I spoke with them a few days ago and they want 26k upfront(cheapest of 3 options) for the EB-3 visa before filing the I-140. From my research, they have had visa denials in the past and I doubt they would refund the 26K in that case. Sounds pretty risky to me.
I have a friend flying with Cape Air in FL that used this process. Just finishing his first year and will be leaving. It's a pay to play thing. You won't make very much at Cape Air. Maybe $40k if you're lucky. You will need savings to survive the year. The only benefit is there is no income tax in FL. So the $$$ goes a lot further.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

I also want to add that I've helped a few people with the moving process to the US. Folks that are serious, and are willing to make sacrifices make it down here within about a year or so. Those that want to come here on their own terms, likely won't find a path. It's one step back for five steps forward. It will almost certainly require a sacrifice, or two, or three.

dh89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dh89 »

BE02 Driver wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:39 pm :smt014
Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:54 pm

Hi
I have a friend flying with Cape Air in FL that used this process. Just finishing his first year and will be leaving. It's a pay to play thing. You won't make very much at Cape Air. Maybe $40k if you're lucky. You will need savings to survive the year. The only benefit is there is no income tax in FL. So the $$$ goes a lot further.

Nice... so did they end up with a green card after a year of working at cape? How long did the process take for them to get working?
Seems like a reasonable sacrafice if you are ready for it and get a job at the majors.

Return to “General Comments”