Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Chelsea Handler
Rank 1
Rank 1

The government push to lower wages.

Post by Chelsea Handler »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6851909

We saw the police plan last month... Engineers taking the first hit this month. I anticipate nurses, doctors, pilots etc will be next.

Lower the requirements and bring in mass immigration. You think it's hard to fight for better wages now? Wait until government allows foreign licence as acceptable for hire. All part of the Canadian plan to make everyone poor and dependent on the social state.

Run if you can. US visa has never looked so good to every working professional in this country.
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: The government push to lower wages.

Post by digits_ »

Chelsea Handler wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:54 am https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6851909

We saw the police plan last month... Engineers taking the first hit this month. I anticipate nurses, doctors, pilots etc will be next.

Lower the requirements and bring in mass immigration. You think it's hard to fight for better wages now? Wait until government allows foreign licence as acceptable for hire. All part of the Canadian plan to make everyone poor and dependent on the social state.

Run if you can. US visa has never looked so good to every working professional in this country.
Perhaps, but it's not exactly like you described. This new regulation doesn't affect who gets approved for immigration, it only allows people who already moved here, to find a job more easily. Which kind of makes sense: if they get accepted based on their engineering degree, it would be kind of silly to prohibit them from working here, just because they haven't worked here.

Health care has some similar situations. Move here as an experienced nurse/doctor/healthcare professional, be ready to pay for an expensive course that is of no use to you. So people accepted based on their profession switch over to another profession that does not require the extra license/course.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Chelsea Handler wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:54 am https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6851909

Irony.

Your solution is the very thing you are protesting.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Anywhere between 27% and 66% of Canadian graduates from various engineering fields leave to work in the US. My cousin is a software engineer and just got the first job with his stamp at about 120k US and it'll streak upwards quickly.

Instead of plugging the perpetual Canadian brain drain, they're just flowing more water into it.
Literally just means "Canada: Slightly better than Ethiopia, eh?".

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Hilarious. Race to the bottom continues in Canuckistan. Buildings will topple then the finger pointing and backpedaling will ensue. What does politician and business have to do with each other? One hand washes the other.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

-42 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:21 pm Hilarious. Race to the bottom continues in Canuckistan. Buildings will topple then the finger pointing and backpedaling will ensue. What does politician and business have to do with each other? One hand washes the other.
I love the fact that right below this comment there is an ad showing Trudeaus face saying Canadian Scandal.

Yes I have ads on my iPad

Pirep1234
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pirep1234 »

Do you think stopping flight schools from being eligible for work permits for foreigners will help the pilot shortage?

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

What I've been seeing online lately is that Immigration to Canada is slowing dramatically because people who come here are realising that there is nowhere to live. That coupled with booming economies in places like India is causing people to stop applying for residency here. When minimum wage pays 30 k a year, and rent in the GTA is 36 k a year, it doesn't take long for the real estate reality to catch up.

Chelsea Handler
Rank 1
Rank 1

I think we could solve this problem with more taxes. We could create a new immigration program where we tax eveone a bit more, then offer the new immigrant a 200 dollar prepaid visa to help with the initial year of high rent. We could also do another tax to offer a second prepaid visa to offset some groceries. We need more of these types of programs to keep us the great prosperous Canada land. Add this to the 5 year wait list for 10 dollar a day daycare and I don't see why anyone would pass on the opportunity to move here. You can sign up for all the fairy tale programs that make your life better.

Nothing like waiting in line for daycare for 5 years, waiting inline for a doctor for 8 months, waiting inline for your TC medical sign off for 18 months. AND even if you get a little tired of waiting inline we have the final solution, you can always just take the assisted suicide route when you are ready to end your joyous years of being a Canadian immigrant. Praise the government for these measures to help and also save the taxpayers money! A very well thought out liberal process I must say.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Exactly! I know as an immigrant. This country which USED to be the land of milk and honey is so shot full of holes now that there is a plethora of much better places to put down roots especially during retirement. It took about 10 years in my opinion of absolute destructive incompetent behaviour by government and greedy industry to basically turn a once great country into a 2nd world rats nest where taxes are sky high and government is at all levels grossly inept. Couple more years and it’s checkout time to greener pastures so enjoy.

Chelsea Handler
Rank 1
Rank 1

The liberal tactic, and how they make your life worse. Make everyone a victim with the imaginary scar. Convince people we need to make a policy that takes everyone's hard earned money. Wast the money and do nothing useful with it. Find new victims to gain more votes with more empty promises about solutions. Make the country broke with hugest debt per capita in the G7. While Americans have been reducing household debt, Canadian have been trending the opposite way... But why? We have free healthcare! Everything I heard about being American is it will crush us and we will be poor!

Scar discrimination experiment sums up why liberals are the most racist and lead people to worse outcomes.
https://youtube.com/shorts/V91kENu5hE8?feature=share

Chelsea Handler
Rank 1
Rank 1

Well you can add pilots to the list. Love Trudeau xoxo ❤️❤️❤️

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Why would foreign pilots want to fly here with the ratio of pay to cost of living I don't know. I bet you could live pretty well in a second/third world country off airline pilot pay.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I know a pilot who is looking to move back to his birth country because the cost of living here is out of control and pilot wages are stagnant. Barely making a living here now with the price of housing and food and having half or more of your pay stolen by the government as he puts it.

Let’s Go Brandon
airbussy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by airbussy »

I know two pilots from India who are considering going back, and have been offered HUGE amounts of money to be Q400 Captains at Spice Jet. Like live like a king in India kind of money.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

Rumour has it that when the Cargojet retention bonus is paid this summer, half of that company is headed back to India

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

JHR wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:32 am Rumour has it that when the Cargojet retention bonus is paid this summer, half of that company is headed back to India
Wonder what AJs response will be to the people he thought he could bring over to help support his quest for lowering costs.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:32 am
JHR wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:32 am Rumour has it that when the Cargojet retention bonus is paid this summer, half of that company is headed back to India
Wonder what AJs response will be to the people he thought he could bring over to help support his quest for lowering costs.

Word is, there may be another retention bonus coming up.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

digits_ wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:15 am

Perhaps, but it's not exactly like you described. This new regulation doesn't affect who gets approved for immigration, it only allows people who already moved here, to find a job more easily. Which kind of makes sense: if they get accepted based on their engineering degree, it would be kind of silly to prohibit them from working here, just because they haven't worked here.

Health care has some similar situations. Move here as an experienced nurse/doctor/healthcare professional, be ready to pay for an expensive course that is of no use to you. So people accepted based on their profession switch over to another profession that does not require the extra license/course.
Yup, my wife’s RN license in Manitoba is over $800 a year and doesn’t let her work in other provinces. Her NY license was $62 for 3 years.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

C-GGGQ wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:19 am
digits_ wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:15 am

Yup, my wife’s RN license in Manitoba is over $800 a year and doesn’t let her work in other provinces. Her NY license was $62 for 3 years.
My wife was quoted 15k for a mandatory course.... (not nursing, but other healthcare profession)

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”