Interview

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Interview

Post by Malfunction »

Can anyone who has interviewed recently share some of the questions they asked!

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

crystalpizza
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Interview

Post by crystalpizza »

What made you want to work for WestJet?

What will you bring to WestJet's workplace culture?

Ever been in an accident/incident/failed a ride/needed additional training/etc

Tell me about your most challenging flight

Tell me a time when a decision you made was challenged by someone

Tell me a time when you made a mistake and corrected it

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Malfunction »

Anyone else application been processing for two weeks now. No email for a interview 4500 hrs 1000 multi pic 705

Blackdog0301
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blackdog0301 »

I have to imagine hiring will slow down somewhat over the next couple months with all the Swoop pilots coming back over to mainline later this year. Maybe I'm wrong.

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Blackdog0301 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:38 am I have to imagine hiring will slow down somewhat over the next couple months with all the Swoop pilots coming back over to mainline later this year. Maybe I'm wrong.
Swoop pilots currently can’t even staff the 16 tails that they’re bringing over to WJ. Flyings gotta get done. I’d imagine plenty of hiring around the corner. Also factor in the exodus of five bars swoop captains who won’t sit right seat to a senior WJ upgrade this fall.

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Malfunction »

Haha 5 bar cpts

brokeflapoperator
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by brokeflapoperator »

They told us aiming for 400 new hires in 2023. Running classes twice a month I believe.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

brokeflapoperator wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:38 am They told us aiming for 400 new hires in 2023. Running classes twice a month I believe.
I wonder how many hires are to replace pilots that left to other companies and how many are because of growth plans?

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

Malfunction wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:30 pm Anyone else application been processing for two weeks now. No email for a interview 4500 hrs 1000 multi pic 705
Frankly I find that surprising! I know a couple people with a fraction of that time who got an invite in 1-3 business days after applying.

josejimenes33
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by josejimenes33 »

Hi,

Just been invited to process for a Teams 90 minutes recruitment video interview with Flight Ops and HR. I can imagine that the process is the same than in person interviews.
In the attached briefing is stated that a prescreening psychometric eval is scheduled at minimum 1 week prior the video interview, any clue on that preassesslent part?

Best,

Jose

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

Sounds like the 2x class a month is still a thing. Not sure about much more specific things like response time post interview, hiring offer etc.

I'm sure those in the mix can chime in.

Find it intriguing they're still filling July apparently.

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goleafsgo »

QKZXKV wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:29 pm Sounds like the 2x class a month is still a thing. Not sure about much more specific things like response time post interview, hiring offer etc.

For me it took 8 hours after I applied to get the email to book an interview, 1 hour after the interview to get the email for the background/reference check, and a week after the interview to get a hiring call

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

goleafsgo wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:03 am
QKZXKV wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:29 pm Sounds like the 2x class a month is still a thing. Not sure about much more specific things like response time post interview, hiring offer etc.

For me it took 8 hours after I applied to get the email to book an interview, 1 hour after the interview to get the email for the background/reference check, and a week after the interview to get a hiring call
Sounds like it's a bit slower than that now...

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Malfunction »

How long are people waiting to find out the results after the interview?

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

Malfunction wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:21 pm How long are people waiting to find out the results after the interview?
I've heard mixed times from almost 2 weeks to a few days to a few hours. I know a few that are still waiting. They're probably either backed up or ranking certain thing like jet time vs prop time.

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

Malfunction wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:21 pm How long are people waiting to find out the results after the interview?
I knew I had the job 10 minutes later when I got the background/reference check request, but because of delays with the company they contract that out to my official offer took a couple of weeks.

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

RockSalty wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:53 am
I knew I had the job 10 minutes later when I got the background/reference check request, but because of delays with the company they contract that out to my official offer took a couple of weeks.
When was this?

I know a couple people who've heard nothing after a couple weeks from the interview this past month.

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

QKZXKV wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:57 am
When was this?

I know a couple people who've heard nothing after a couple weeks from the interview this past month.
A bit earlier in the year, prior to contract ratification so I guess they had a lot less interest from pilots at the time

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

RockSalty wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:59 am
QKZXKV wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:57 am

When was this?

A bit earlier in the year, prior to contract ratification so I guess they had a lot less interest from pilots at the time
ahh ok... yeah that could be why.

josejimenes33
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by josejimenes33 »

Do you guys know if receiving the background/references check means beeing off the record successful on the interview (Pending background/references check...)?
I received it 2 hours after the end of my interview.

Return to “WestJet”