ATPL licence request

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

thedfa
Rank 0
Rank 0

ATPL licence request

Post by thedfa »

Hello everyone! I just passed my SARON and SAMRA and I will now send to TC my licence request (ATPL).

I live in Montreal, and i asked one of the ladies at the office, how long it takes to get the licence, she doesn’t know… apparently there is only one agent in Montreal to do this…

On TC website, it says that the usual delay to get a licence is 40 business days. My current employer offered me a captain position, but I have 60 days to comply to all requirements, the only thing missing is the ATPL.

Anyone knows where I can get my licence as quick as possible anywhere in Canada? It doesn’t matter for me to do a 6h flight all across Canada to get it faster.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
---------- ADS -----------

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: ATPL licence request

Post by Arnie Pye »

thedfa wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:10 pm
Anyone knows where I can get my licence as quick as possible anywhere ?
India, USA, Fiji, Hong Kong, Australia, Western Samoa, ... Literally anywhere is faster than Canada, except for maybe China and Japan (although once you have all the requirements, issuing a Japanese license is done on the spot at the little government office.

Sorry, I don't have anything useful to add. What are we paying taxes for again?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

thedfa wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:10 pm Hello everyone! I just passed my SARON and SAMRA and I will now send to TC my licence request (ATPL).

I live in Montreal, and i asked one of the ladies at the office, how long it takes to get the licence, she doesn’t know… apparently there is only one agent in Montreal to do this…

On TC website, it says that the usual delay to get a licence is 40 business days. My current employer offered me a captain position, but I have 60 days to comply to all requirements, the only thing missing is the ATPL.

Anyone knows where I can get my licence as quick as possible anywhere in Canada? It doesn’t matter for me to do a 6h flight all across Canada to get it faster.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
CYWG

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

When the processing of a typerating/ppc is delayed beyond the service level, you can get a temporary license. Is that an option for ATPL processing as well?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Petec
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Petec »

Just received my ATPL emailed temp, licence sticker still on the way. Took a solid month from the time the application and logs were submitted. Just get it in. Times have improved. The Temporary issue is good for 3 months as you await the printed sticker. Seems that an updated file in under 60 days is highly probable anywhere now.

Heavy Rayn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heavy Rayn »

Sent my ATPL app in on the 15th with a letter from my company saying I need it expedited for operational needs. I received a temp on the 20th and my logbooks appear to be on their way back to me via mail now. I assume they will have a sticker with them but not 100% sure yet. Basically time to get the temp was 2 full business days and hopefully sticker is just over a week/5 business days. Pretty impressive work by TC.

thedfa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by thedfa »

At which TC office is that? I am interested!
Heavy Rayn wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:41 pm Sent my ATPL app in on the 15th with a letter from my company saying I need it expedited for operational needs. I received a temp on the 20th and my logbooks appear to be on their way back to me via mail now. I assume they will have a sticker with them but not 100% sure yet. Basically time to get the temp was 2 full business days and hopefully sticker is just over a week/5 business days. Pretty impressive work by TC.

Heavy Rayn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heavy Rayn »

Books dropped off at a regional office and they mailed them to Hamilton. I received my logbooks back today from TC but unfortunately no sticker with it. I do have the temp though. Still an impressive processing time by the hamilton office and thanks to YQT for the assistance in getting the books to YHM expeditiously.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

I have the the yvr office my books and was told 6 weeks, I called.gym and was told ten days. I called and emailed a request for them to transfer to gym for the reason of expediency. Amazingly yvr had it done in a week. They don't like other office's making them look bad.

Return to “General Comments”