Flair Suspending Growth Plans amid Delivery Delays and Debt

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dhc2pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Flair Suspending Growth Plans amid Delivery Delays and Debt

Post by dhc2pilot »

I heard a large number of Flair pilots are getting interviews at Air Canada. Maybe the employees are seeing the writing on the wall too.
---------- ADS -----------

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

dhc2pilot wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:40 am I heard a large number of Flair pilots are getting interviews at Air Canada. Maybe the employees are seeing the writing on the wall too.
Pretty sure every pilot there is rushing not to be the last one left to turn off the lights.
IMG_2481.JPG
IMG_2481.JPG (131.55 KiB) Viewed 2345 times

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Canadaflyer46 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:45 am
dhc2pilot wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:40 am I heard a large number of Flair pilots are getting interviews at Air Canada. Maybe the employees are seeing the writing on the wall too.
Pretty sure every pilot there is rushing not to be the last one left to turn off the lights.
IMG_2481.JPG
Except co-Joe, he has the faith!

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 8895 »

Gameon wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:22 pm
8895 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:56 am
dumbbell daddy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 am I just can't understand Canadian pilots sometimes. We should be cheering on more companies and competition. Helps improve wages and ticket prices. Not snickering and hoping for their demise. Maybe it's insecurity so you can pat yourself on the back and validate your own career decisions.

When I worked at Air Canada I always thought it was funny. All we would do is bitch and moan in the flight deck about how shitty our company, management, union was ect ect. Complain about how Sunwing or Transat pilots worked less. Yet the minute you went to the bar with your buddies it was always like "when you gonna apply to AC? "
My favourite is when I’m messaging friends to congratulate them on getting on with AC and in their first message back they throw in the “so when you coming to AC?” as if I also wanna be not affording rent and living with my parents LOL
Ignorant comment - AC provides a lot more financial reward combined with long term security. Very short term logic
Ah yes the ones applying for poverty wages and enabling the low wages across our industry should be praised for said decision. Yikes kiddo

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

cdnavater wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:09 pm I found this,

In particular, a Canadian applicant for a scheduled international licence must establish that it:

has been designated by the Minister of Transport as eligible to hold a scheduled international licence;
meets the prescribed financial requirements;
has the prescribed liability insurance coverage in respect of the service to be provided under the licence; and
holds a Canadian aviation document (CAD) issued by Transport Canada, which includes the service to be provided under the licence.
Sorry, I’m late to this party. :)

It says : “an applicant”

There is a need to demonstrate that you have funds to run an airline for a while at a loss. However it does not state that this is a constantly monitored thing. Just the initial application process.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:11 pm
cdnavater wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:09 pm I found this,

In particular, a Canadian applicant for a scheduled international licence must establish that it:

has been designated by the Minister of Transport as eligible to hold a scheduled international licence;
meets the prescribed financial requirements;
has the prescribed liability insurance coverage in respect of the service to be provided under the licence; and
holds a Canadian aviation document (CAD) issued by Transport Canada, which includes the service to be provided under the licence.
Sorry, I’m late to this party. :)

It says : “an applicant”

There is a need to demonstrate that you have funds to run an airline for a while at a loss. However it does not state that this is a constantly monitored thing. Just the initial application process.
There is an ongoing financial requirement regarding CTA licencing, Canadian ownership being one of them.
It doesn’t appear to be what the problem was this time

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

8895 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:09 pm
Gameon wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:22 pm
8895 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:56 am

My favourite is when I’m messaging friends to congratulate them on getting on with AC and in their first message back they throw in the “so when you coming to AC?” as if I also wanna be not affording rent and living with my parents LOL
Ignorant comment - AC provides a lot more financial reward combined with long term security. Very short term logic
Ah yes the ones applying for poverty wages and enabling the low wages across our industry should be praised for said decision. Yikes kiddo
Never seen another group of professionals so happy to shoot themselves in the foot!

Return to “Flair Airlines”