Retro Pay

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Retro Pay

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

Are you guys checking with your Alpa reps if they are also going to negotiate retro pay. Guys on the line expect they will get retro pay but it has to be negotiated. Another piece of advice———

You can always Vote No!
---------- ADS -----------

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Retro Pay

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

WJ pilots received retro pay after the new contract was implemented. However it wasn't full retro pay, the union agreed to a discounted rate so it was quite disapointing. So all this stalling and delaying is costing guys a lot of money.

Man_in_the_sky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Man_in_the_sky »

Costing money is if we don’t get full retro pay !

Juste see it as a free saving account if we get it

billybgone345
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by billybgone345 »

OP you need to watch the latest podcast. The host felt the same way as most of us but the lawyer pointed out you shouldn't be voting yes or no based on one specific issue to the detriment of everything else. Don't let your anger on one topic cloud your judgement. That being said, if they think they are skipping back pay I expect a real world class contract presented to the union.

Dockjock
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dockjock »

What’s the incentive to ever conclude a deal? The current deal is massively lopsided. Imagine wanting to keep that in place as long as possible with no penalty? I mean, of course. But also, lol.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Dockjock wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:27 am What’s the incentive to ever conclude a deal? The current deal is massively lopsided. Imagine wanting to keep that in place as long as possible with no penalty? I mean, of course. But also, lol.
The threat of a strike (or an actual one)

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “Air Canada”