Page 1 of 1
CPL Ground school: Wisepilot vs Flighttrainers
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 8:29 am
by Northbound69
Hi all,
Looking for feedback on either of these two ground schools for CPAER.
I found lots of info about the Wisepilot question banks, but not about the 80 hour required ground school component, is Wisepilot's ground school a newer course?
Re: CPL Ground school: Wisepilot vs Flighttrainers
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:04 am
by CpnCrunch
I found pilottraining.ca very good.
Re: CPL Ground school: Wisepilot vs Flighttrainers
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:46 am
by Red_Comet
Wise is very concise and very few if any errors. Illustrations are second to none, and no extra verbiage. But mostly written material and diagrams. Can be done much faster but requires motivation as reading takes more effort than watching vids. Practice questions and question banks are the best in the business, nothing else comes close.
Pilottraining (Harvs) is best video based ground school, you can sit back and relax and let Aaron fill your brain with his wisdom. Takes much longer but it's passive learning and can be done anywhere and anytime. Practice exams and questions are average at best, lots of errors and not similar to TC in style. But the content is fantastic and Aaron is a great instructor.
Can't go wrong with either, but Wise is best if you're motivated and short on time whereas Harv's is best if you prefer vids over a longer duration.
Re: CPL Ground school: Wisepilot vs Flighttrainers
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:27 pm
by CpnCrunch
Red_Comet wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:46 am
Pilottraining (Harvs) is best video based ground school, you can sit back and relax and let Aaron fill your brain with his wisdom. Takes much longer but it's passive learning and can be done anywhere and anytime. Practice exams and questions are average at best, lots of errors and not similar to TC in style. But the content is fantastic and Aaron is a great instructor.
It also has slides which you can use instead of the videos IIRC. I think I just used the slides for the most part as it was quicker than watching the videos.
Re: CPL Ground school: Wisepilot vs Flighttrainers
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:14 pm
by Northbound69
CpnCrunch wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:04 am
I found pilottraining.ca very good.
Thanks, but $330 vs $180 is a steep price difference so I excluded it.
I'm fine doing self study as long as the course isn't absolutely worthless.
Re: CPL Ground school: Wisepilot vs Flighttrainers
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:16 pm
by Northbound69
Red_Comet wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:46 am
Wise is very concise and very few if any errors. Illustrations are second to none, and no extra verbiage. But mostly written material and diagrams. Can be done much faster but requires motivation as reading takes more effort than watching vids. Practice questions and question banks are the best in the business, nothing else comes close.
Pilottraining (Harvs) is best video based ground school, you can sit back and relax and let Aaron fill your brain with his wisdom. Takes much longer but it's passive learning and can be done anywhere and anytime. Practice exams and questions are average at best, lots of errors and not similar to TC in style. But the content is fantastic and Aaron is a great instructor.
Can't go wrong with either, but Wise is best if you're motivated and short on time whereas Harv's is best if you prefer vids over a longer duration.
Perfect, I'll go with Wise.
I was asking about flight trainers (not pilot training), but wisepilot being concise is exactly what I want.
Re: CPL Ground school: Wisepilot vs Flighttrainers
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:25 am
by gustind
Flight trainers is concise, to the point, and relevant to a career in aviation.
Disclosure: I'm the guy in the videos and I own
CFT.