IATRA questions

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Elessar_44
Rank 3
Rank 3

IATRA questions

Post by Elessar_44 »

Ok I just got back from my IATRA and ended up passing with a 86%. My test was marked #1 on the big red folder and there's a new 007 edition. Here are some questions to help others study, from what I remember and duplicates from past exams posted (many were the same or similar). The question #s don't mean anything by the way.

1) the operator, in respect to an aircraft, is: A) the person renting the aircraft B) the leasee C) person in possession of the aircraft

5) no aircraft should be operated below 10000 feet at what speed

6) what is dynamic hydroplaining

7) a pilot on a VFR flight plan must revise eta if entering the ADIZ when/where?

10) what do vortex generators do?

12) given a NOTAM with an APPROX.. asks when it will expire.. you are given different dates.

15) what type of tx do you need in class C airspace?

16) what does a machmeter do?

17) in beta range, what controls the prop pitch?
18) what stops the prop from going into reverse while flying?
19) given a map of a trip to Halifax from another small place. You encounter freezing rain while flying at 4000 feet… what do you do?

22)given a TAF, asked what the visibility was at 0730.

24)what is EPR.
25) you are on a flight that is 2 hours including a climb of 20 minutes. You are given fuel burns for a climb, cruise, and a hold. You are night VFR. Asks you to calculate the the total fuel required.

26) FL310 or FL350, you are given TAS and winds as well as a fuel burn per hour. Asked to calculate the SGR or SAR.

27) question about DME. The greatest difference between ground and slant distance occurs when?

30) you are above your threshold crossing speed when you are landing.. the best way to stop the aircraft as soon as possible is to?

31) you are in the jetstream and the temperature is dropping.. the best way to avoice turbulence is to?

34) Crititcal point question. Given some info then asked to calculate the time to CP.

36) Calculate true wind velocity. They give you heading in magnetic and track as magnetic. You are given 10 east variation

38) Question about Thunderstorm detection while in cloud w/ precip. Is it harder to detect t-storms?

40) question to move some weight because the a/c is out of balance

41) given an accelerate go chart. find the max allowable take out weight.

42) type II and IV fluids are bad for which types of aircraft?
43) you are flying along in -20 temperautre.. you land at an airport for a short stop that has a temp of 10 and a dewpoint of 9. what will occur? Or something close to this.

And the stuff not already posted:

1. CRM is good because? Answer was it allows input from all crew members, or something like that.
2. An effective captain does, and there was 5 things and you had to pick 3. Answers were like "recognizes reduced effectiveness of crew under stress" and "takes input from all crew members"
4. GPS calculates position how.
5. Question about reading the Jet Stream on an upper level anal chart. What height and what turb was associated with it.
6. When taking medication, what precautions should be taken for flying? answers were like "wait 8 hrs", "wait 12", "read instructions" and "consult doctor". I got it wrong when answering "wait 8 hrs"
7. What happens when precip falls onto a coal soaked wing. I answered that frost forms but thats wrong, I think the answer is it melts the frost already formed.
8. Calculate the true wind direction when you are given Mag heading, track, GS,Variation.
9. When is your True Altitude lower than Indicated. Answers were like "temp is lower than ISA", "temp is higher than ISA", "pressure is the same as ISA"
10. A couple compare TAF to actual METAR reports and say if the system is moving faster / slower than fore casted.
11. If you find yourself strongly disagree with the Capt, how do you approach the situation? Answer was to overcome shyness to question, ask for clarification, and state your viewpoint.
12. What is the floor of the Arctic CA?

Ok that's pretty much all I can remember at the time. If I remember more I'll post em.
---------- ADS -----------

Hornblower
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Hornblower »

Ok, I hereby strike my stupid comment, I confused IATRA with INRAT.

My bad.

Lpsi
Rank 1
Rank 1

Excellent Post Elessar_44

Post by Lpsi »

Great to see people filling the forum with help for others.

**If you are from Transport Canada**

I am sorry that you guys will have to think up new un-realistic & un- applicable questions to show us how smart you are. Oh well, See ya later.

working king
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by working king »

well i wrote my IATRA today and i passed well .... all the questions in the post are from the exam i think 80% of the exam was from the Q already posted in Elessar_44 posting.. the new ones are

1. how do u go over the checklist when inturpted in the cockpit..... choices were like , silently while other crew member take cares of the intereption, when the checlist is in ur hand, chklist in in its normal position

2. airborne weather radar ... how does airborn weather radar detech thnderstorm and lightning while you are in cloud ... choices were ... cant due to attenuation, scan above the rain, cant due to precipt between the radome and cloud,

3. who is respobsible for wake turbulence ... i answered atc/pilot its wrong
the right answer is the pilot

4. SAR/SGR Q to find SGR Groundspeed is required but they dont give you winds but wind factor of -50 or -80 << i didnt know what to do -- give is TAS, Flight level, fuel flow .

5. greatest DME error -- high & short

6. clear ice rather than rime ice is most likly to occur in : high catch, large droplets

7. u fly from 30.12 '' to 29.92 '' FL220 .. what would happen if u change the setting to 29.92 after levelling off @ FL220 and u have encoding altimeter ...

8. when is indicated altitude lower then actual: high pressure to low pressure

yea elessar_44 posting is great ... it has pretty much everything ..

working king
Rank 0
Rank 0

Iatra

Post by working king »

I THINK I MADE A MISTAKE IN MY OTHER POSTING

Q8 ABOUT TRUE ALTITUDE

INDICATED ALTITUDE IS LOWER THAN ACTUAL : COLD AIR TO WARM AIR ( NOT HIGH TO LOW PRESSURE) ... ITS KINDA WEIRD WHEN U READ THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER -- ANYWAY THE TRICK IS TO READ THE QUESTIONS CAREFULLY, I JUST WROTE MY EXAM AND WANA HELP OTHERS......

1. HOW DOES 'GPS' CALCULATES POSITION ? answers were : calculating bearing and dista from satellities, triangulation method etc .. i answered bearing and distance << its wrong ...

2. conditions causing whiteouts

3. methods to reduce checklist errors

i think i didnt post these topics in my other post ....

Enjoy guys ...

futboler14
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by futboler14 »

Hey, I'm getting started to study for the IATRA. I can find the study guide but I'm having trouble finding the time requirments for the IATRA. I called TC but its 3:45 and there closed already (government thing I guess). I have 400 hours, is this enough?

Thank-you

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

First .... you can find some good stuff if you search the forums a little ......

Here's the link to the Study Guide (for those who don't have it)
http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/gener ... 4/menu.htm

As for requirments, as posted before [and sure as heck to be posted in about 3 days or it seems that way :x ], here there are .... you'll find your answer, just have to dif through a little bit :wink:
DIVISION XI - AIRCRAFT TYPE RATINGS
421.40 Blanket and Individual Type Ratings

Where an applicant has met the applicable requirements for issuance, the following Permits and Licences may be endorsed with the indicated Type Ratings:

Blanket Type Ratings

(1) Blanket Type Ratings

Except where a licence is restricted to an individual aircraft type or types, blanket aircraft type ratings are issued automatically with the issue of the appropriate licence, as follows:

(a) Aeroplanes

All aeroplanes with a minimum flight crew requirement of one pilot excluding high performance;

NOTE:
When the aeroplane blanket rating is endorsed on a licence it is normally combined with an aeroplane class rating; e.g. "all single pilot, non-high performance single engine land aeroplanes".

(b) Gliders

All gliders;
(amended 1998/03/23; previous version)

(c) Balloons

All non-power driven balloons;

(d) Ultra-Light Aeroplanes

All ultra-light aeroplanes;

(e) Gyroplanes

All single seat gyroplanes.

(2) Individual Type Ratings

An individual aircraft type rating is issued for aircraft not included in a blanket type rating. It is indicated by the appropriate aircraft type designator from Appendix A found at the end of this Subpart, endorsed on a permit or licence as follows:
(amended 2005/12/01; previous version)

(a) Aeroplanes

(i) each aeroplane with a minimum flight crew requirement of at least two pilots;

(ii) each aeroplane with a minimum flight crew requirement of at least two pilots utilizing a cruise relief pilot;

(iii) each high performance aeroplane type to be endorsed on a pilot licence - aeroplane category;

(iv) each aeroplane type to be endorsed on a flight engineer licence;

(v) each aeroplane type to be endorsed on a second officer rating; and

(vi) each aeroplane type to be endorsed on a licence for which no blanket type rating is issued.
(amended 2005/06/01; previous version)

(b) Helicopters

Each type of helicopter;

(c) Balloons

Each type of power driven balloon or airship;

(d) Gyroplanes

Each type of gyroplane other than single seat gyroplanes;

(e) Restricted Licence

Individual aircraft type ratings shall be issued for certain medically restricted licences.

(3) Individual Type Rating Requirements

(a) Aeroplane - Two Crew

(i) Knowledge

An applicant for an individual aircraft type rating for aeroplanes with a minimum flight crew requirement of at least two pilots shall have completed a program of ground school instruction and flight training on the aeroplane type, and
(amended 2006/12/14; previous version)

Private Pilot Licence - Aeroplane or Commercial Pilot Licence-Aeroplane

(A) in the case of the holder of a Private Pilot Licence-Aeroplane or Commercial Pilot Licence-Aeroplane, within the 24 months preceding the application for the first endorsement of the two crew rating, an applicant shall have obtained a minimum score of 70 percent (70%) on the Type Rating-Aeroplane (IATRA) written examination;
(amended 2001/03/01; previous version)

Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Aeroplane

(B) in the case of the applicant who has obtained a minimum score of 70 percent (70%) on the Airline Transport Pilot Licence-Aeroplane written examinations (SAMRA and SARON) within the 24 months preceding the application for the endorsement of the rating, the written examination requirement shall be considered to have been met; or

(C) in the case of the holder of an Airline Transport Pilot Licence — Aeroplane, the written examination requirement shall be considered to have been met, or
(amended 2006/12/14; previous version)

(D) in the case of an applicant who completed the airline transport pilot licence (ATP(A)) integrated course and who completed the Airline Transport Pilot Licence — Aeroplane written examinations within the five-year period immediately preceding the application for endorsement of the rating, the written examination requirement shall be considered to have been met.
(amended 2006/12/14; no previous version)

(ii) Experience

An applicant shall have completed flight training on the aeroplane type and have completed a minimum of 250 hours pilot flight time on aeroplanes.

(iii) Skill

The applicant shall comply with one of the following requirements:

(A) An applicant shall have passed a pilot proficiency check conducted in accordance with Part VII of the Canadian Aviation Regulations for that aeroplane type within the 12 months preceding the application for the rating or passed a pilot proficiency check acceptable to the Minister for that aeroplane type within 12 months preceding the application for the rating;

(B) An applicant who successfully completes a Line Operational Evaluation (LOE) from an approved Advanced Qualification Program (AQP) within the 12 months preceding the application for the rating shall be considered to have met the pilot proficiency check requirement pursuant to Part VII of the Canadian Aviation Regulations; or

(C) When employed by the holder of a private operator certificate issued pursuant to section 604.03 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations, an applicant shall have successfully completed the operator’s training and proficiency program and be certified proficient for operations by the chief pilot within the 12 months preceding the application.

(b) Aeroplane - Two Crew - Restricted to Cruise Relief Pilot Duties Only

(i) Prerequisite

An applicant for an individual aircraft type rating - restricted to cruise relief pilot duties only for aeroplanes with a minimum flight crew requirement of at least two pilots shall hold a Commercial Pilot Licence - Aeroplane, or an Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Aeroplane, and a Group 1 Instrument Rating.

(ii) Knowledge

An applicant for an individual aircraft type rating - restricted to cruise relief pilot duties only for aeroplanes with a minimum flight crew requirement of at least two pilots shall have completed a program of ground and flight training on the aeroplane type, and

Commercial Pilot Licence - Aeroplane

(A) in the case of the holder of a Commercial Pilot Licence - Aeroplane, within the 24 months preceding the application for the first endorsement of a two crew rating, an applicant shall have obtained a minimum score of 70 percent (70%) on the Type Rating - Aeroplane (IATRA) examination;

Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Aeroplane

(B) in the case of the applicant who has obtained a minimum score of 70 percent (70%) on the Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Aeroplane written examinations (SAMRA and SARON) within the 24 months preceding the application for the endorsement of the rating, the written examination requirement shall be considered to have been met; or

(C) in the case of the holder of an Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Aeroplane, the written examination requirement shall be considered to have been met.
(amended 2001/03/01; no previous version)

(iii) Experience

An applicant shall have completed flight training on the aeroplane type and have completed a minimum of 250 hours flight time on aeroplanes.
(amended 1998/03/23; no previous version)

(iv) Skill

An applicant shall have passed a pilot proficiency check conducted in accordance with Part VI or Part VII, excluding the takeoffs and landings, for that aeroplane type within the 12 months preceding the application for the rating or passed a pilot proficiency check acceptable to the Minister for that aeroplane type within 12 months preceding the application for the rating.
(amended 2000/09/01; previous version)

(c) High Performance Aeroplane

(i) Knowledge

An applicant for an individual aircraft type rating for a high performance aeroplane shall have completed ground training on the aeroplane type.

(ii) Experience

An applicant shall have completed flight training and have acquired a minimum of 200 hours pilot flight time on aeroplanes.

(iii) Skill

Within the 12 months preceding the date of application for the rating, an applicant shall have successfully completed a qualifying flight under the supervision of a Transport Canada Inspector or a qualified person qualified in accordance with CAR 425.21(7)(a).
(amended 1999/03/01; previous version)

(d) Flight Engineer

(i) Experience

An applicant for an individual aircraft type rating to be endorsed on a Flight Engineer Licence shall have passed an approved course of training, within the 12 months preceding the application for the rating.

(ii) Skill

An applicant shall have passed a Flight Engineer proficiency check on the aeroplane type, within the 12 months preceding the application for the rating.

(e) Second Officer

(i) Experience

An applicant for an individual aircraft type rating for an aeroplane type associated with a Second Officer rating shall have passed within the 12 months preceding the application for the rating, a course of training relating to that aircraft type that is administered by an institution recognized by the Minister as being qualified to administer such training.

(ii) Skill

An applicant shall have passed a Second Officer proficiency check on the aeroplane type.

(f) Helicopter - Two Pilots

(i) Knowledge

An applicant for an individual aircraft type rating for a helicopter with a minimum flight crew requirement of at least two pilots shall have completed a program of ground and flight training on the helicopter type and for

Private Pilot Licence - Helicopter or Commercial Pilot Licence - Helicopter

(A) in the case of the holder of a Private Pilot Licence - Helicopter or a Commercial Pilot Licence - Helicopter, within the 24 months preceding the application for the first endorsement of a two crew rating, an applicant shall have obtained a minimum score of 70 percent (70%) on the Type Rating - Helicopter (HATRA) examination;

Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Helicopter

(B) in the case of the applicant who has obtained a minimum score of 70 percent (70%) on the Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Helicopter written examinations (HAMRA and HARON) within the 24 months preceding the application for the endorsement of the rating, the written examination requirement shall be considered to have been met; or

(C) in the case of the holder of an Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Helicopter, the written examination requirement shall be considered to have been met.

(ii) Experience

An applicant shall have completed flight training on the helicopter type and have completed a minimum of 166 hours pilot flight time on helicopters.

(iii) Skill

An applicant shall have passed a pilot proficiency check conducted in accordance with Part VII for that helicopter type within the 12 months preceding the application for the rating or passed a pilot proficiency check acceptable to the Minister for that helicopter type within 12 months preceding the application for the rating.

(iv) Restricted Type Rating

Where an applicant has not met the knowledge requirement specified in (i) above, the type rating shall be issued with a restriction as follows:

"SK61 (or applicable type) restricted to Aerial Work - Canada and USA Only".

The restriction shall be removed upon completion of the knowledge requirement.

(v) An applicant for an individual aircraft type rating that is certificated as "single pilot VFR and two pilots IFR" who does not meet the above requirements, shall be issued a restricted helicopter type rating.
(amended 1999/03/01; no previous version)

(vi) When all of the requirements for the two pilot helicopter rating have been met, the restriction shall be removed.
(amended 1999/03/01; no previous version)

(g) Helicopter - One Pilot

Within the 12 months preceding the application for the rating, an applicant for an individual aircraft type rating for a helicopter with a minimum flight crew requirement of one pilot shall have successfully completed:

(i) a flight test, on the helicopter type, for the issue of a Private or Commercial Pilot Licence - Helicopter; or

(ii) a Pilot Proficiency Check on the helicopter type; or

(iii) a qualifying flight under the supervision of a person qualified in accordance with CAR 425.21(7)(b).

(h) Glider - Motor-driven Touring

[Reserved]

(i) Airship or Powered Balloon

(i) Experience

An applicant shall complete flight experience on the type of airship or powered balloon for which application is made.

(ii) Skill

The applicant shall provide a letter of recommendation, in accordance with the skill requirement for the issuance of a Pilot Licence - Balloon, from a balloon flight instructor whose licence is endorsed for the particular airship type or powered balloon, as the case may be.

(j) Advanced Ultra-light Aeroplane

[Reserved]

(k) Gyroplane - Two-Seat

Within the 12 months preceding the application for rating, an applicant for an individual aircraft type rating for a gyroplane having more than one seat shall have successfully completed:

(i) a flight test, on the gyroplane type, for the issue of a Pilot Permit - Gyroplane; or

(ii) a qualifying flight under the supervision of a person qualified in accordance with CAR 425.21(7)(c).

(l) Any Other Individual Aircraft Type Rating

An applicant for any other individual aircraft type ratings shall have, within the 12 months preceding the application for rating, performed a qualifying flight under the supervision of a person who has been delegated the authority to supervise a qualifying flight.

(4) Credits for DND Applicants

(a) Active and retired members of the Canadian Armed Forces who are qualified to wings standard shall be deemed to have met the qualifying flight requirement specified in 3(c)(iii), 3(g)(iii), 3(k)(ii), and 3(l) above provided the applicant:

(i) has acquired a minimum of 10 hours pilot-in-command flight time on the appropriate aircraft type during the 24 months preceding the application for rating, or

(ii) has qualified as pilot-in-command on the aircraft type during the 24 months preceding the application for rating.

(b) Active and retired members of the Canadian Armed Forces who are qualified to wings standard shall be deemed to have met the Pilot Proficiency Check requirement specified in 3(a)(iii), 3(b)(iii), 3(f)(iii),and 3(g)(ii) above provided the applicant:

(i) has acquired a minimum of 50 hours flight time on the appropriate aircraft type during the 24 months preceding the application for rating, or

(ii) has qualified as pilot-in-command on the aircraft type during the 24 months preceding the application for rating.

(5) Credits for Foreign Applicants

(a) Qualifying Flight Requirement

The holder of a licence issued by a Contracting State shall be considered to have met the qualifying flight requirement specified in 3(c)(iii), 3(g)(iii), 3(k)(ii), and 3(l) above provided the applicant has acquired a minimum of 10 hours pilot-in-command flight time on the appropriate aircraft type during the 12 months preceding the application for rating;

(b) Pilot Proficiency Check Requirement

The holder of a licence with a two-crew type rating issued by a Contracting State shall be considered to have met the Pilot Proficiency Check requirement specified in 3(a)(iii), 3(b)(iii), 3(f)(iii), and 3(g)(ii) above provided the applicant has acquired a minimum of 50 hours flight time on that aircraft type during the 12 months preceding the application for the rating.

(6) Credits for Foreign Flight Test

(a) The qualifying flight requirement specified in subparagraphs 3(c)(iii), 3(g)(iii), 3(k)(ii), and 3(l) above may be performed under the supervision of a qualified person who is licensed by a Contracting State provided the applicant submits a letter from the State’s Licensing Authority, or other source acceptable to the Minister confirming the personal log entry, and the qualification of the person who supervised the flight;

(b) The Pilot Proficiency Check requirement specified in subparagraphs 3(a)(iii), 3(b)(iii), 3(f)(iii), and 3(g)(ii) may be performed by a person authorized by a Contracting State provided the applicant submits confirmation from the State’s Licensing Authority, or other source acceptable to the Minister confirming that the applicant meets the State’s skill test requirement for the issue of the type rating.

(7) Aircraft Type

For issue of an individual aircraft type rating, the aircraft type shall be registered in the Canadian Civil Aircraft Register, except:

(a) aircraft purchased abroad where a provisional Canadian certificate of registration has been issued;

(b) aircraft manufactured in Canada where no type approval has yet been issued, but a certification flight test program is being conducted; or

NOTE: Aircraft type ratings under 6(b) may be issued only to flight test pilots and flight engineers employed by the manufacturer, or by Transport Canada.

(c) aircraft not registered in the Canadian Civil Aircraft Register where a Canadian type approval, or a Canadian approved type certificate has been issued.

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
Scottyinthesky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: IATRA questions

Post by Scottyinthesky »

Just wrote the IATRA today. 82% and fine with that. My Questions where
Very similar to some already posted, so I got lucky. Must have been an
older exam - folder read 006 - 02. Anyways, while it is still fresh in
my mind I want to get it posted on here to help others catch a break.
A very special thanks to those of you who have helped. It's good to see
team spirit in this industry. Remember, we the pilots ARE THE INDUSTRY.
No matter what the "help" might try and tell you ;)

Cheers to all and goodluck.

Calculate TAS
GFA question. Lowest ceiling.
Upper winds chart - winnipeg close to ISA?
Class C - maintain a listening watch on ATC
Class B - VFR permitted with clearance from ATC
GPS calculates position - by triangulation
Overlays and Stand Alone - no traditional needed, and traditional can be out of service.
Rime ice formed - small drops and low catch
flying in minus someodd temp - decend and land into 10degrees and dewpoint of 9. - Frost forms where fuel is held in wings (cold soaking)
Calculate Critical Point - no formula provided
Weight and Balance shift question - no formula provided
Maximum MTOW question - have to do chart from 2 ways, and find answer in the middle.
Flying in freezing rain - climb to warmer air above
Type II deice fluids - bad for rotation speeds below 100knots
No pilot shall take off in conditions where blah blah could form - unless the A/C is inspected for contamination
CRM - I forget, but really easy common sense question
3 questions about Jetstream and CAT and what to do.
True Altitude in Mountain conditions, temperature drops sharply - Indicated higher or True Altitude higher question.
Weather radar - return signal is based on water drop size
V2 - take off safety speed
Definition of "Balanced Field Length"
Overshoot in IMC - pilot tempted to lower nose
Calculate SGR
Controls pitch in BETA - the power lever and mechanical linkage
Prevents Prop reverse in flight - Fine pitch stop
Viscous Hydroplaning
Fuel requirements question - night VFR.(45min) they b-s you with "plus time to hold"
EPR - definition
After accessive alcohol consumption - wait 48hrs
Wake turbulence question - become airborne before the point the jet did, stay above flightpath
Take off performance - use the chart question
3 bar Vasis - upwind and middle bars for +25feet EWH
TAF - visibility at 0730 was 2sm tempo 1sm
ADIZ question - +5min and 20NM
Airspeed limits below 10 000
Vortex generators
worst wing tip vortices configuration
Notam and approx - requires cancelling notam
Machmeter - compares TAS to local speed of sound

alternate_law
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alternate_law »

Has anyone written recently? Are the above questions still representative or has the exam changed significantly?

jp7500
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jp7500 »

Hey guys, wrote IATRA 006-04 on Feb 06/09, i got 86% on the exam and have the following questions to share with you, many that you have seen already and a few new ones too.

1. ADIZ ETA penetration question, answer was +/- 5 NM.
2. Worst wing tip vorticies experianced from heavy slow moving aircraft in the clean configuration.
3. Wake Turbulence after preceding aircraft, become airborne before the point of rotation and stay above there glidepath.
4. Machmeter, compares Indicated airspeed to local speed of sound.
5. Viscous hydroplaning, Low tire pressure and low speeds no standing water.
6. Calculate TAS, i got the question wrong and it was because they give you a temp of -12 and an altitude of 19,000 but there is also mention of a temp rise of +11, this is where they got me so watch this one!!!! I factored in the temp rise and missed this one.
7.Upper winds question.
8.NOTAM, it had APPROX so it requires a cancelling NOTAM.
9.Type 2 and 4 de-icing fluids are bad for aircraft with a VR speed below 100 knots.
10.GPS and Overlay approaches, choose 2 that apply answer was B+C
11.GPS calculates position by triangulation of satellite signals.
12.Weight and balance 28% of MAC is the answer.
13.Weight and balance moving 2 inches answer was 120 lbs.
14. Floor of the Northern control Area? FL 230
15.ETOPS? I chose 60 minutes and got it right.
16.Take off safety speed, VR.
17.The operator in respect of the airplane? Person in possesion of aircraft.
18.Class B Airspace requires ATC clearance from a VFR aircraft.
19.Class C maintain a listening watch is the answer.
20.Mountainous areas? Indicated altitude is higher than actual altitude.
21.High on final with high airspeed, how to slow the airplane down the best? Touch down as soon as possible and use maximum braking.
22.Compressor stall on a jet engine? Caused by excessive angle of attack on the compressor blades.
23.Isotachs spaced closely together on 250 hpa chart you can expect? Sufficient horizontal wind shear for the occurance of CAT.
24.Calculate critical point?
25.Overshoot in IMC? Tempted to lower the nose.
26.When are you most likely to encounter CFIT? When you get below DH or MDA
27.BETA? Power lever and mechanical linkage.
28.Reversing in flight? Fine pitch stop or low pitch stop both are mentioned together, this is the answer.
29.Weather radar? Water droplet size.
30.Rime Icing? Small droplets low rate of catch.
31.Flight in -20, landind at +10 airport, what happens? Frost forms around the fuel tanks.
32.VFR flight fuel? They include PPH for a hold but you don't need it so don't falll for it.
33.Which part of an airplane do you de-ice first? I got it wrong, choices are fuselage, tailplane engine inlets or something as viewed by the pilot? Look this one up.
34.EPR Definition.
35.VASIA? Upwind and middle bar for EWH of +45
36.CRM question.
37.LAHSO? When given this clearance it is the pilots responsibility to hold short of the position given and the instruction must be read back.
38.Alcohol question? 48 Hours
39.Vortex generators primary objective? Delay flow seperation.

If i can think of anymore i will be sure to add them.

Good luck

outsider
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by outsider »

I wonder are the critical point and weight shift questions the same from the ATPL exam, which are the same from the Aerocourse workbook. Does anyone remember.

Walker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Walker »

im pretty sure they are, but ill tell you tomorrow!
One more exam and the AAs are done!
WOOT!

Tim
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tim »

for fucks sake people this is one of the easiest exams you'll write in your career and you cant study without cheating? the people that study captured questions are morons and dont deserve the privledges the exam allows. FUCKING STUDY.

Walker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Walker »

Tim wrote:for fucks sake people this is one of the easiest exams you'll write in your career and you cant study without cheating? the people that study captured questions are morons and don't deserve the privileges the exam allows. FUCKING STUDY.
Ok there buddy; just how is studying questions cheating? I find it a VERY effective method of ensuring you haven't missed anything. Personally I sit down with a stack of questions, answer them until I hit something I'm unsure about then punch up the cars/aim/whatever until I am able to find the answer, would you like to enlighten the rest of the class as to how you would prefer everyone else to learn?

(I fixed your spelling mistake by the way...)

mcconnell14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mcconnell14 »

Tim wrote:for fucks sake people this is one of the easiest exams you'll write in your career and you cant study without cheating? the people that study captured questions are morons and dont deserve the privledges the exam allows. FUCKING STUDY.
so your saying if your about to write a very important exam and you had the questions in front of you to review or to atleast get an idea of the kind of questions that are asked you wouldn't loook?

bullshit !

Tim
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tim »

mcconnell14 wrote:
Tim wrote:for fucks sake people this is one of the easiest exams you'll write in your career and you cant study without cheating? the people that study captured questions are morons and dont deserve the privledges the exam allows. FUCKING STUDY.
so your saying if your about to write a very important exam and you had the questions in front of you to review or to atleast get an idea of the kind of questions that are asked you wouldn't loook?

bullshit !
there is a difference between studying SAMPLE questions in a workbook and 'studyin' questions that are word for word from the exam. that is not studying, that is cheating. if you dont think so how about you give me your phone number and we'll conference call tc and ask what they think. if its an important exam youd think you would be willing to put in the work required to pass this important exam.

and in regards to your 'bullshit' comment (because you know me oh so well), you are WRONG. i had access a large file of capured atpl questions. i CHOSE not to CHEAT and instead i studied. I got 90% on both of them. if you arent SMART enough to pass something or arent willing to put in the WORK you dont deserve it. but you did succed in proving my point and making you look like an asshole at the same time.
Walker wrote:Ok there buddy; just how is studying questions cheating? I find it a VERY effective method of ensuring you haven't missed anything.
youre right, prior knowledge of the questions does ensure you know the answers to 80 questions (but again, prior knowledge of the questions is called cheating)
would you like to enlighten the rest of the class as to how you would prefer everyone else to learn?
certainly, but first lets remember that there is a difference between learning and cheating, so this may not apply to you.

when i have to study for an exam my first step is to go to the tc website and get the study and reference guide. i then study and reference the aim, cars, publications, aerocourse/cul----s, air command weather manual and IF they happen to be included i will study any sample questions. but again, studying sample questions that they give to you is much different then memorizing questions which you acquired when someone else wrote them down for you.

(I fixed your spelling mistake by the way...)
congrats, your trophy will be awarded by your junior high guidance counsellor.

mcconnell14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mcconnell14 »

whoa bro come down..obviosuly everyone needs to study. +1 for you.

its easy everyone TIM said so...we have confirmation! ATPL and IATRA are easy! obvisouly its not that "easy" i never said dont study...you came on here like a jackass trying to act cool or something...theres nothing wrong with posting questions from an exam..if you look at those questions and then think "im good" and go write the exam then your and idiot.

Tim
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tim »

mcconnell14 wrote:whoa bro come down..obviosuly everyone needs to study. +1 for you.

its easy everyone TIM said so...we have confirmation! ATPL and IATRA are easy! obvisouly its not that "easy" i never said dont study...you came on here like a jackass trying to act cool or something...theres nothing wrong with posting questions from an exam..if you look at those questions and then think "im good" and go write the exam then your and idiot.
you realy make it hard to prove a point with crap like that, but ill make one more post. feel free to respond as you will but you will get no more from me. i have a nice little reference that closes the book on it.

i did not say it was easy, i said it was the easiest. none are a cake walk, hence the importance of studying. i also said i studied and got a good mark without cheating...that makes me an idiot? thats a pretty hard argument to win, so whats your reasoning here? i take it you not that bright and cant do well without cheating. not my problem, but dont call ME an idiot cause youve cheated to pass. and just so were super clear here i want to very plainly state our two opinions, correct me if im wrong.

i think it is not ok to copy the answers and post them and it is not ok to study said answers

you think it is ok

with me so far?

heres a little tidbit you might find interesting (although probably not because you seem to have it in your head that cheating is ok...ps how do you cheat in the plane when a critical emergency happens?)

DIVISION II - EXAMINATIONS
Examination Rules

400.02(1) Except as authorized by an invigilator, no person shall, or shall attempt to, in respect of a written examination,

(a) copy or remove from any place all or any portion of the text of the examination;

(b) give to or accept from any person a copy of all or any portion of the text of the examination;

(c) give help to or accept help from any person during the examination;

(d) complete all or any portion of the examination on behalf of any other person; or

(e) use any aid or written material during the examination.

(2) A person who commits an act prohibited under subsection (1) fails the examination and may not take any other examination for a period of one year.

read item 1(b) over and over and over again until you understand all the big words.

i just dont understand how you think you can be right, and why you think im a jackass for pointing out that not only is it cheating its a cars violation. you are wrong. its not my opinion, its a fact. a fact i am aware of and pointed out. does that make me cool? thats not really something i worry about. things i do worry about are knowing what im talking about. you dont, youre just trying very hard to justify cheating. CHEATING.

mcconnell14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mcconnell14 »

Tim wrote:
mcconnell14 wrote:whoa bro come down..obviosuly everyone needs to study. +1 for you. its easy everyone TIM said so...we have confirmation! ATPL and IATRA are easy! obvisouly its not that "easy" i never said dont study...you came on here like a jackass trying to act cool or something...theres nothing wrong with posting questions from an exam..if you look at those questions and then think "im good" and go write the exam then your and idiot.
you realy make it hard to prove a point with crap like that, but ill make one more post. feel free to respond as you will but you will get no more from me. i have a nice little reference that closes the book on it.i did not say it was easy, i said it was the easiest. none are a cake walk, hence the importance of studying. i also said i studied and got a good mark without cheating...that makes me an idiot? thats a pretty hard argument to win, so whats your reasoning here? i take it you not that bright and cant do well without cheating. not my problem, but dont call ME an idiot cause youve cheated to pass. and just so were super clear here i want to very plainly state our two opinions, correct me if im wrong.i think it is not ok to copy the answers and post them and it is not ok to study said answersyou think it is okwith me so far?heres a little tidbit you might find interesting (although probably not because you seem to have it in your head that cheating is ok...ps how do you cheat in the plane when a critical emergency happens?)DIVISION II - EXAMINATIONSExamination Rules400.02(1) Except as authorized by an invigilator, no person shall, or shall attempt to, in respect of a written examination,(a) copy or remove from any place all or any portion of the text of the examination;(b) give to or accept from any person a copy of all or any portion of the text of the examination;(c) give help to or accept help from any person during the examination;(d) complete all or any portion of the examination on behalf of any other person; or(e) use any aid or written material during the examination.(2) A person who commits an act prohibited under subsection (1) fails the examination and may not take any other examination for a period of one year.(amended 2005/12/01; previous version)read item 1(b) over and over and over again until you understand all the big words.i just dont understand how you think you can be right, and why you think im a jackass for pointing out that not only is it cheating its a cars violation. you are wrong. its not my opinion, its a fact. a fact i am aware of and pointed out. does that make me cool?  thats not really something i worry about. things i do worry about are knowing what im talking about. you dont, youre just trying very hard to justify cheating. CHEATING.
few points..ITs not cheating if you come across it on the internet forum, i read it just as i read other threads. cheating is stealing the exam or brining in a "cheat sheet" into the exam. and..I call you a Jackass because of the way you said it...you coulda  left it at "study the books not the internet goofs" or something not goin on about how smart you are..btw..do you like the f word? you use it way to offten on the internet. and the only 1 that really supports your theory here is A. and i mean posting some things on the internet is pretty weak ...its like speeding your breaking the law ..but are your really breaking the law?

alternate_law
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alternate_law »

Wow, looks like you owned everyone with that great CARS reference...

Where exactly do you think Aerocourse comes up with their questions? Is it cheating to buy their workbooks since you will find most of them word for word on the TC exam? Is it cheating to attend their seminar and have them spoon feed you answers?

I think its a stretch to say that the free exchange of information here is any different from the service they provide. There is no guarantee you will see any of the questions posted here on your exam, but it sure helps to understand what they are looking for, how they ask questions etc...

As someone else pointed out, if you only look here or in workbooks and don't study the underlying concepts behind the question, you are inviting yourself to get burnt on exam day. TC obviously knows of this site and publications from aerocourse, c***** and many others. Subtle changes to question working can make all the difference and I'm sure they adjust their question database as they see fit.

Return to “Flight Training”