They cancelled my route

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
windbag
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:07 pm

They cancelled my route

Post by windbag »

Air Canada has cancelled the route to Trinidad and Tobago. Since booking a few months ago, I have bought travel books, reserved connecting flights and worst of all reserved non-refundable hotels! I get that the route might have been less profitable but their saving money will now cost me dearly. Do they have to offer anything other than a refund?

Thanks for any advice...
---------- ADS -----------
 
W5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:44 pm
Location: Edmonton,AB

Re: They cancelled my route

Post by W5 »

---------- ADS -----------
 
windbag
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: They cancelled my route

Post by windbag »

They aren't affiliated with Caribbean Airlines. Does that matter?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Dilbert Pickles
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:49 pm

Re: They cancelled my route

Post by Dilbert Pickles »

Zoom goes into Trinidad a few times a week if that helps.
---------- ADS -----------
 
mighty mouse
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:43 am

Re: They cancelled my route

Post by mighty mouse »

I don't know about Zoom, things aren't looking all that promising over there either. They recently lost their booking insurance.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
fingersmac
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:17 pm

Re: They cancelled my route

Post by fingersmac »

Just make your travel arrangements through a travel agent. I'm sure they could figure out something relatively affordable. Most likely through the US, probably Miami or something. All is not lost.
---------- ADS -----------
 
B757FO
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:01 pm
Location: YYZ

Re: They cancelled my route

Post by B757FO »

Skyservice also flies to Trinidad. The tour operator is Titan Tours Canada. Zoom flies I believe 2 times a week SSV flies 1 day a week but Titans web site shows the dates. I am sure you could match up some travel days between the 2 of them.

Hope this helps.
B757FO
---------- ADS -----------
 
windbag
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: They cancelled my route

Post by windbag »

I guess I forgot to mention that I booked on Aeroplan points. I still haven't managed to get trough to someone there but last I heard they wanted to just give me my points back. Doesn't much help get me my full refunds on hotels :(
---------- ADS -----------
 
retired or retarded
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:19 am

Re: They cancelled my route

Post by retired or retarded »

If you still want to use your points for most of the trip you could always go to barbados and then take Liat from Bim to Trinidad. They fly between the two several times a day.
---------- ADS -----------
 
windbag
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: They cancelled my route

Post by windbag »

Well I suppose they've come up with a reasonable alternative. I end up travelling about 12 hours longer with layovers but at least I get there. I've been routed through Miami via AirCanada and then Caribbean Airlines. Thanks for the advice everyone.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Air Canada”