Frozen ATPL...Worth IT????

Place a topic in this forum to introduce yourself and find a little advice.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako

oneill10999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Frozen ATPL...Worth IT????

Post by oneill10999 »

Hello, everyone , im From nova scotia, getting ready to go to flight school
All Pilots, i need your Mentoring and wisdom .

I need some advice and some wisdom on this one, and only someone who has lived it can provide the answer to this Sticky little question haha .....

At MFC(moncton flight college), you can pay, $45,000 to do a 1 year integrated program, and receive your Commercial, Multi, IFR(1).....You Get 400+ hours of ground school(40 of which is a special cource focusing on Crew Resource management) ,also you get 7.5 hours on a King Air Sim(above and beyond your required flight time for the Commercial,Multi, IFR) , and most importantly you receive a ""Frozen ATPL"" that will be Frozen for up to 5 years until you get your 1500 hours of flight time, at which time the ATPL will be activated.

HOWEVER......For $37,500, So $7500 Less... You can do a Modular program, where you will also get Your Commercial, Multi, IFR(1). However, You only get 200 hours of ground school, half that of the integrated program(400+ hours)(and you do not receive the 40 special ground school hours focussing on crew resource management), you also do not get the 7.5 hours of bonus flight time on the King Air Sim, and YOU DO NOT get the ""Frozen ATPL".......

Im just wondering... Is it worth 7500$ For this extra 7.5 hours of sim time on the king air, the 200 extra hours of ground school as compared to the modular program (including the 40 special hours focussing on crew resource managemnt) and to have someone prepare you for/give you a ground school to prepare for the ATPL, and then write it and have it already in place and Frozen waiting to be activated when you do hit 1500 hours of flight time????? Or should i save the $7500... and worry about Studying for, and writing the ATPL when i reach 1500 hours... Or is it worth 7500$ just to have someone help me study for it, and get it written and out of the way before i even finish flight school, so its there in place and finished and ready to go???? Is all of this extra neccessary?? Or No?

Thanks Everyone
---------- ADS -----------

Derek :)
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Frozen ATPL...Worth IT????

Post by altiplano »

Save your money.

You can write the A's when you are ready and end up with the same license.

You don't need time in a King Air sim - it seems fancy now but it means jack to an employer.

You don't need extra groundschool time either. CRM or otherwise.

Get your licenses as cheaply and quickly as possible is the best advice I can give you.

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Frozen ATPL...Worth IT????

Post by Sulako »

Return to “AvCanada's Mentor Program”