Serious answers where will I get funds from?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

lambman20
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Serious answers where will I get funds from?

Post by lambman20 »

can anyone help me with this question.
---------- ADS -----------

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

lambman20 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:26 pm can anyone help me with this question.
Perhaps if you framed it better. Perhaps if you explained where you've already looked. Perhaps if you explained what kind of training you're looking for, and with whom. Perhaps if you provided links to programs that already exist, both provincially and federally. Perhaps if you didn't appear so whiny and demanding by necrobumping and hijacking a months old thread.

Show us you've done your own research, before demanding that we do it for you.

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
PapaBearActual
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PapaBearActual »

I registered just to join ship because this is a goldmine for me;
I live abroad and want to come to Harv's Air in Manitoba sometime to pursue 'the dream' that I have postponed several times now due to finances.
I'm 25 and work in the IT field full time for over 4 years now. I don't earn much, buy used, live small. Doesn't help me much as I am in a country with high cost of living and except for professional knowledge don't have a degree.
(& dont plan to pursue one, IMO the modern academia is just a way to troll young ppl into debt, invented by rich old ppl that got bored from selling/buying their corporates and private islands to each other)

Back on course, what would your advise be for a foreigner coming to Canada ? Why Canada in the first place you ask ? Because its a hotspot for immigrants (higher living standards, climate, etc) and if I can both get my CPL and work until I get PR - that would be great!
As a student that comes to a 1.5 - 2 year study duration I will be entitled to work 20 hours off campus. What fields could I work in for those 20 hours ? I presume not many, and definitely not the IT field, from my experience they only like full timers, unless its customer support, and I ain't going back to hell.
Plus those jobs won't exactly be profitable enough to cover much of the costs. Is it popular in Canada to work for cash "off the books" ?
I have barely enough to cover the PPL right now but not including living costs, flight tickets, maybe a rental vehicle if I won't be in dorms, all the fun stuff.
Taking the assumption that I will have little to no work "on campus" as its not limited by law to # of hours a week or month for students in that establishment. What can I do with my "trade" ? Pursue a real trade , one from which I can work standalone (freelancer, contractor, etc.) and waste even more money and years ? Then all my years in the IT industry will be nullified. Build a business to be successful, sell it and use the money for training ?
This sounds like a plan, but for a business to become profitable either by itself or by selling it you need to be super dedicated to it, which again, costs alot of time and money. Also to successfully sell it as a startup to some major corporate it has to be a brilliant idea, with at least on-par execution and with a product in mind that can be sold indefinitely.

nutlord
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nutlord »

PapaBearActual wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:11 am What fields could I work in for those 20 hours ? I presume not many, and definitely not the IT field, from my experience they only like full timers, unless its customer support, and I ain't going back to hell.
Are you extroverted/attractive? You can make a killing as a bartender.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

GoFundMe to leech money from cancer patients?

Not beneath some of you.

nutlord
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nutlord »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:14 pm GoFundMe to leech money from cancer patients?

Not beneath some of you.
I feel like there's a story behind this..

PapaBearActual
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PapaBearActual »

nutlord wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:43 pm
Handsome ? Yes.

Extroverted ? I prefer talking to cats more than humans. Are there bars that serve cats only in Canada ?

nutlord
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nutlord »

PapaBearActual wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:07 am
nutlord wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:43 pm
Handsome ? Yes.

Extroverted ? I prefer talking to cats more than humans. Are there bars that serve cats only in Canada ?
https://cafechatlheureux.com/en
Not exactly a bar, but you're in luck!

joseph105
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by joseph105 »

I was declined by a couple of banks too. But cibc was the only bank who laughed at me (at my back but i felt it :)

mirceap172
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mirceap172 »

Well there's Confederation in Thunder Bay, they offer a CPL and single engine INRAT for under 20k, and you can get OSAP for it!

apples2apples
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by apples2apples »

Lots of scholarships via Provnicial Governments

Just Google your province

Return to “Flight Training”