Adding M2 rating to M1

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
blu-lite-ning
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:12 am

Adding M2 rating to M1

Post by blu-lite-ning »

Hey folks,
First time on the forums.
Here's my question; I have an M1 license, and I'd like to get my M2 as well. All my time over the past four years is on M2 category helicopters, which I can sign off, because they're all turbine powered, and both M1 and M2 cover that. Has anyone run across this before?
I could send in a new log book, but I'd be filling it with tasks that I signed out on the aircraft, so I'm a bit puzzled.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
rotorhead350
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:46 am
Location: Mozambique/Thailand

Re: Adding M2 rating to M1

Post by rotorhead350 »

I am just going to get a letter from my QA department stating that I have such and such experience and have carried out CRS on this particular a/c. I am working overseas right now and have a type rating and license with M2 aircraft already endorsed on it. It really comes down to who you get on that particular day when you go in I think as to what they want to see............rh350
---------- ADS -----------
 
the_swede
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Adding M2 rating to M1

Post by the_swede »

I am going through this same thing right now. It depends on which PMI you talk to. One I talked to said that all I needed was a letter from my DOM stating 12months ACA on the 212 to get my M2. However my new PMI needs me to get all of my tasks signed off in a new logbook. Took some time but it is worth the digging through my timesheets.
Cheers
Swede
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Maintenance”