Getting a French license
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
Getting a French license
Can someone point me to where I can find out what I would need to do to get a French License? I have a Canadian private license with a long expired medical. I live near France and I'm toying with getting back into flying. Aside from getting a medical and some dual, I wonder what kinds of conversion is needed.
bmc
- Panama Jack
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3265
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:10 am
- Location: Back here
Re: Getting a French license
French licence? Or validation based on your valid Canadian licence?
“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
-President Ronald Reagan
Re: Getting a French license
And I thought you were talking about a licence to fly in the other country in Canada. 
Re: Getting a French license
Id start by looking up your local flight school in Quebec.
Re: Getting a French license
I live in Switzerland along the french border. Much cheaper to fly in France.
In Switzerland I'd have to write exams and basically start over. Not sure about France.
Alternatively, there are a lot of "N" registered aircraft around that are for rent. I could pop into the states and get a US license, come back and fly them.
In Switzerland I'd have to write exams and basically start over. Not sure about France.
Alternatively, there are a lot of "N" registered aircraft around that are for rent. I could pop into the states and get a US license, come back and fly them.
bmc

