Took a stupid 4 year break during flight training..now what?
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:19 pm
I started training for the PPL back in 2005 at age 16, slowly but steadily chugging away at it through to 2007. I did my cross country, my simulator training, my forced approach and landing training, my spin and stall recovery, ground school...pretty much everything with at LEAST 40 hours in the airplane. Then I took off to university with the self-promise that I would complete everything duirng christmas break, which dragged on to spring break, then summer break...until I pretty much forgot about the whole thing. Stupid, I know. And abusive of my privileges, I know.
Anyways, I've recently become determined to finish what I've started, hoping to do so this May when school comes to an end and I'm back home. I've noticed my student permit has expired back in 2009. So my question is, what is the most cost effective way I can approach this? I know I'm going to have to do the ground school again, but what does my "break" mean for my in-air training? Is there some sort of check-ride I can do that can reinstate my student permit so that I can re-perfect my inflight skills? Did I pass some sort of training time limit? I don't feel I've forgotten much of the procedure and think that my placement back in the cockpit will come to me as naturally as if I flew yesterday...
Anyone else experienced something similar to me?
Thanks for all replies
Anyways, I've recently become determined to finish what I've started, hoping to do so this May when school comes to an end and I'm back home. I've noticed my student permit has expired back in 2009. So my question is, what is the most cost effective way I can approach this? I know I'm going to have to do the ground school again, but what does my "break" mean for my in-air training? Is there some sort of check-ride I can do that can reinstate my student permit so that I can re-perfect my inflight skills? Did I pass some sort of training time limit? I don't feel I've forgotten much of the procedure and think that my placement back in the cockpit will come to me as naturally as if I flew yesterday...
Anyone else experienced something similar to me?
Thanks for all replies