A request of the Moderators

Any comments or suggestions can be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, avcanada

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: A request of the Moderators

Post by Canoehead »

sky's the limit wrote:which is why it is particularly important to consider what you are posting and the point you're trying to make.
You are indeed correct. I should have just kept the thought to myself given the fact that I was unable to convey my point correctly.

My apologies if I ruffled any feathers.

Anyway, let's move along. Nothing to see here :wink:
---------- ADS -----------

machooski
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by machooski »

azimuthaviation wrote:You can always make me a moderator, lighten your workload

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

machooski wrote:
azimuthaviation wrote:You can always make me a moderator, lighten your workload
Machooski, you owe me a new laptop. Laughed so hard at that one I extruded a full cup of coffee through my nose and shorted out the screen. Thanks..............

Prairie Chicken
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Prairie Chicken »

I don't agree with the idea of flags to identify licences. What? A red flag for ATPL, green for cpl, blue for pp, or something like that? Anyhow, I've known some cpl holders who have spent decades in the bush/north/on the water, couldn't fly an instrument approach for anything, but have incredible talent and experience in their own areas of expertise. And, who says the pp doesn't have lots to offer other pp or spp folks?

As mentioned earlier, read this forum for a bit and you can figure out who has good knowledge to impart and who only comments for the need to be noticed. It doesn't take long.

Prairie Chicken
flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

Prairie Chicken wrote:I don't agree with the idea of flags to identify licences. What? A red flag for ATPL, green for cpl, blue for pp, or something like that? Anyhow, I've known some cpl holders who have spent decades in the bush/north/on the water, couldn't fly an instrument approach for anything, but have incredible talent and experience in their own areas of expertise. And, who says the pp doesn't have lots to offer other pp or spp folks?

As mentioned earlier, read this forum for a bit and you can figure out who has good knowledge to impart and who only comments for the need to be noticed. It doesn't take long.
+1. Well said PC.

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by sky's the limit »

I don't imagine we'll be flagging users based on experience.

There has been much talk over the years of other types of ranking systems, etc, etc, but as of now there's nothing imminent.

stl

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

Over the years I have been one of the least active mods on here. Until recently I would let things go that would have easily had me booted from my professional board. When I do moderate I inevitably get a poison PM calling me names and worse. The rules are some of the most lax that I have seen on a board and yet there are those of you who believe that it is okay to break them and regularly. On the flip side, I get PM's and reports regularly stating that this rule or that rule has been violated so I moderate then the expected PM's start again and I am left defending the simple rules of this board. So I will say again what I have said often, you want less moderation, it's easy, obey the rules. What is so hard to understand?
We cannot be expected to read every post that comes in of the thousands we get. If one gets reported we look, sometimes it is removed and the person gets a warning, if it is a serious breach, maybe a break. Sometimes a topic is reported and we move it to the mods area for review, remove offending posts or simply remove the topic completely which may result in a couple of warnings, time outs or banning.
In a perfect world you would not need moderators but it has been shown way too many times that this site is not perfect. In a perfect world we would all act like adults.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

You're bringing this up again?
Pretty sure 2 months ago I waved the white flag :goodman:

Return to “Forum Suggestion and Announcements”