What does Air Canada want to see on a resume

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: What does Air Canada want to see on a resume

Post by Transition9er2 »

link821 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:41 pm
Transition9er2 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:46 pm
link821 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:13 pm Does AC require pilots that flow from Jazz to do 2 yos at Jazz before considering hiring them? Say a candidate with previous 704 command time on an aircraft greater then 12500.
There’s no minimum time requirement to flow from jazz. As long as you meet the requirements of the posting at the time (typically ATPL) you can apply. From there everything is done based on seniority of the pool of applicants.

Interviews are scheduled per jazz seniority.
Job offers based on jazz seniority.

This can actually be quite frustrating. Frustrating in that you can meet all the requirements when you apply and can be moved through the hiring process quickly. However, as senior Jazz pilots also meet the requirements and apply, they’ll slot in ahead of you until there’s either no one left, or the hiring window is typically around your seniority level with jazz. So theoretically, there’s a possibility that you can start at jazz and submit your AC application and start the hiring process right away and actually get hired quite quickly. However there’s also a possibility that you could start at jazz, go through the hiring process at AC but end up waiting well over a year for a job offer as senior jazz pilots slot in ahead of you.

Hope that makes sense.

T.

Thanks for your response! I didn't realize offers were based off of ones seniority at Jazz. So someone with 3000hr and 1 year at Jazz could technically be hired after someone with 2000hrs but has been at Jazz 2-3 years?
Also, just a suggestion, you might want to post this question on the Jazz page. It’d be a lot easier to get more eyes on this topic from some folks who are in the training department and can offer up some solid info.

Not sure how many Jazz guys poke around here on the AC group (haha sarcasm) but putting this over at the Jazz page might get you more traction.
---------- ADS -----------

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

Transition9er2 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:44 am

There’s no minimum time requirement to flow from jazz. As long as you meet the requirements of the posting at the time (typically ATPL) you can apply. From there everything is done based on seniority of the pool of applicants.

This can actually be quite frustrating. Frustrating in that you can meet all the requirements when you apply and can be moved through the hiring process quickly. However, as senior Jazz pilots also meet the requirements and apply, they’ll slot in ahead of you until there’s either no one left, or the hiring window is typically around your seniority level with jazz. So theoretically, there’s a possibility that you can start at jazz and submit your AC application and start the hiring process right away and actually get hired quite quickly. However there’s also a possibility that you could start at jazz, go through the hiring process at AC but end up waiting well over a year for a job offer as senior jazz pilots slot in ahead of you.

Hope that makes sense.

T.

Thanks for your response! I didn't realize offers were based off of ones seniority at Jazz. So someone with 3000hr and 1 year at Jazz could technically be hired after someone with 2000hrs but has been at Jazz 2-3 years?
That’s correct. If you’re new to jazz and want to flow to AC, it’s all about timing and has nothing to do with experience. Well, obviously you have to meet the min requirements for the posting and pass all phases of the hiring process… just because you’re coming from jazz doesn’t mean it’s a guaranteed job offer.

Also, and some may hate reading this, but the drawback to joining jazz as a college grad is that there are a significant number of “senior” pilots who can’t meet the min requirements or are having a difficult time meeting the min requirements ie. picus is very difficult to get and the amount of flying over the last 2 years has been low and there’s only a 12 month shelf life for picus, meaning there could be some that are in the position of needing to claw back a lot of hours towards their ATPL.

If I had to guess, I would say there’s a window of opportunity at Jazz right now for a new hire with experience to flow to AC quite quickly while a large number of senior pilots make up lost ground to qualify for the chance to interview.

I’m not trying to sh!t on the college kids, it’s simply the nature of the program.

That being said, to most of the college kids credits, they’re a resourceful bunch and will have no doubt found ways to get the hours necessary to keep them close to getting their ATPL’s. It won’t take long for a large number of them to start flowing to AC as things start moving again.

This is all just my thoughts based on what I’m seeing. If there’s someone “in the know” that can speak to this in more detail, they would be your information source to follow.

T.
Thanks for your response, yeah I guess this maybe should have gone in the Jazz forum. Another thing I’m clog is the amount of FOs on property at Jazz who are currently eligible for an upgrade but that’s definitely a question for the Jazz page lol

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

Transition9er2 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:44 am

Hope that makes sense.

T.

That’s correct. If you’re new to jazz and want to flow to AC, it’s all about timing and has nothing to do with experience. Well, obviously you have to meet the min requirements for the posting and pass all phases of the hiring process… just because you’re coming from jazz doesn’t mean it’s a guaranteed job offer.

Also, and some may hate reading this, but the drawback to joining jazz as a college grad is that there are a significant number of “senior” pilots who can’t meet the min requirements or are having a difficult time meeting the min requirements ie. picus is very difficult to get and the amount of flying over the last 2 years has been low and there’s only a 12 month shelf life for picus, meaning there could be some that are in the position of needing to claw back a lot of hours towards their ATPL.

If I had to guess, I would say there’s a window of opportunity at Jazz right now for a new hire with experience to flow to AC quite quickly while a large number of senior pilots make up lost ground to qualify for the chance to interview.

I’m not trying to sh!t on the college kids, it’s simply the nature of the program.

That being said, to most of the college kids credits, they’re a resourceful bunch and will have no doubt found ways to get the hours necessary to keep them close to getting their ATPL’s. It won’t take long for a large number of them to start flowing to AC as things start moving again.

This is all just my thoughts based on what I’m seeing. If there’s someone “in the know” that can speak to this in more detail, they would be your information source to follow.

T.
Thanks for your response, yeah I guess this maybe should have gone in the Jazz forum. Another thing I’m clog is the amount of FOs on property at Jazz who are currently eligible for an upgrade but that’s definitely a question for the Jazz page lol

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

Oh that’s the Million dollar question right there my friend.

DM if you have any questions.

T.

Return to “Air Canada”