GEORGE ALEXANDER KENT (1932 - 2012)

This forum has been created as an area to share memories of friends, who have passed on, that had a love for flight.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

MacStork
Rank 3
Rank 3

GEORGE ALEXANDER KENT (1932 - 2012)

Post by MacStork »

George Kent, loving Husband, Father,Uncle,Cousin, mentor and friend passed away on 24 June, 2012.
He flew the Coast from Prince Rupert to the Queen Charlotte Islands, the Central Coast, the South Coast and Vancouver Island. He was a Coastal icon in the Beaver CF-FRL. He was one of the great float aviators who flew the Coast for many years. He was a mentor and true friend to many of us and helped to shape the careers of many pilots. We said goodbye to George on Friday, June 29, 2012 at the Tswwassen United Church.
Fair winds, Blue skies and Happy Landings old friend.....
---------- ADS -----------

cybwarrow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: GEORGE ALEXANDER KENT (1932 - 2012)

Post by cybwarrow »

He was also the best friend and grandfather anyone could ever have. I was fortunate to be able to not only fly with him but to also fly him and fly against him in the top gun school ( he lost 6 to 2 and blamed it on cockpit heat). I am thankful for every moment I got to be with him and to listen to the 5 survived and never a broken bone crashes to the times he used to chase helicopters in the beavers. There has not been a man yet that didnt have a great thing to say about this mans flying abilities ( big mouth yes ) and skills that he has taught he was born to fly and thats what he did for over 40 yrs on the west coast. Love ya gramps you are missed everyday. hope your listening to the beaver start and smelling the little puff of smoke forever.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “AvCanada's Wall”