Still NO Water Cooler?

This forum is for all you story tellers to have a place to tell us your adventures like Duke Elegant once did.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Still NO Water Cooler?

Post by Rowdy »

It was a four door 3 series. Now I've got a 135i . Had a cooper till some old lady decided to lane change into me on the way home from work. Spun me off the freeway! I credit the DSC with keeping the shiny side up and zee german engineering for anything else

Theres the cooper, and some planes. Because, well, this is after all an aviation forum ;)

Heres both the toys temporary parking spot.

The Bonnie last summer up the sunshine coast. Was a perfect three day trip!

The cooper and the Bonnie.

Spotted this from Cleveland Cycles the other day. Sure would be a riot for blasting around town on. Makes me ponder...
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Rowdy on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

Rowdy, I'm considering unloading the Bandit for a new Bonnie. Just "considering" it for now. Miss my old one. Test drove a new on in AZ and kind of liked it.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Doc wrote:Rowdy, I'm considering unloading the Bandit for a new Bonnie. Just "considering" it for now. Miss my old one. Test drove a new on in AZ and kind of liked it.
They certainly do draw you in.

I figure I get 40km to a 'what year is that?' ahaha but yeah, it's been great so far. Albeit mine aint close to stock.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

Selling the Euromot today for a cool 500,000.... tears will be shed.

E

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Sorry E but you'll make a new two wheeled friend. Wut's that in Canuck bux?

esp803

Post by esp803 »

Ummm about 1200 or so, I paid 2k for the bike brand new, could have gotten more if had more time. I just wanted to make sure I sold it haha.... I've got my eyes on a beauty for back in Canuckistan though:

http://www.motorizedbicycle.ca/

I'm not even kidding haha.

E

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

There used to be a clothing place here in Calgary that had really cool bicycle choppers with little engines. Don't know where they were made. I was tempted but don't ride my goofy Harley enough so decided against it.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re:

Post by Rowdy »

Beefitarian wrote:There used to be a clothing place here in Calgary that had really cool bicycle choppers with little engines. Don't know where they were made. I was tempted but don't ride my goofy Harley enough so decided against it.
Goofy Harley?

I was out for 200kms on the Bonneville today just sightseeing in the glorious sunshine and warmer temps that graced the wet coast. Man alive is it nice to just ride with no destination or time limit :mrgreen:

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Ok, bike fans, it's Isle of Man time again!!!

I went and downloaded 'Hola Unblocker' http://hola.org/ and used it to access the ITV Player site: https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/isle-of-man-tt and watched the Sidecars go at it this afternoon. Superbikes up tomorrow!!

Enjoy - beats the heck out of F1 or NASCAR..

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

I used to think doing a ton up (100 mph )on the Triumph 750 through the highlands was fun made more fun with no helmet.just a big bug grin.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

'Everytime I ride, I strive for the ton'

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Beefitarian »

Rowdy wrote: Goofy Harley?
Sorry Rowdy, missed that. At the turn of the century I bought a Heritage soft tail classic. My Dad predicted. "I guess we won't be flying anymore." I said, "of course we will, I make lots of money working out of town." Then I got married...

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Classic! I find I ride more now than I ever have :mrgreen: Long live the bonerville!

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

Okay. Seriously looking at buying a Street Glide. Talk me OUT OF IT!!

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

I don't know what's wrong with you Doc, so I can't help. I must have the same issue I keep thinking of trading mine for one of those, and that must mean, I did not learn anything buying the first one. :rolleyes:

Edit:

In a way I think it's strange that I somehow switched from thinking 100 miles a hour is not very fast riding a GSX-R 750. Now I really enjoy the "slow" cruise speeds under 110 kilometers per hour on the big bikes.

I keep saying I used to think, "That goldwing looks like driving an armchair. What fun is that?" As I aged and my hands started to hurt from vibrations I started to think, "That looks like driving a armchair. I should get one of those."

Edit 2:
I just looked again, it's the road glide I like. Can never keep them straight.

Are you thinking new? I hope I never do that again. Mine deprecated brutally.

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

The Road Glide is the one with the frame mounted fairing. Harley (fools) are dropping the the Road Glide from their roster next year (2014). I find the Street Glide to be everything I want in a 110-120 kph mile eater. I will be taking a serious look at the Switchback, which is a Dyna with a FLH front end, removable windshield and hard bags. Same engine as the touring bikes. Lighter, and 5K cheaper! Might go that route. Either way, It'll be new. H-D inflates their used prices, by "selling out" (like Air Canada!) some models of new machines. Plus, I like stock. Too much used stuff has been screwed with. Over priced chrome do-dads, that won't "get you home". A pair of Screaming Eagle pipes (slip on) so it doesn't sound like a Singer sewing machine, and I'm done.
LL&R

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Lots of rich guys buying them and parking for a year or two then selling. Low miles few alterations.
(Take away the rich/selling part and that describes me.)

Thing is finding the one you want without having to wait and risk them wanting full price.

I like the road glide because it's slightly lower. I find my buddies ultra, forces a way too upright riding position for me.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

All this harley talk has me scratching my head wondering what ya'll are talkin' bout!

Speaking of bikes, I kinda am lusting over the bmw F800GT as a touring machine.. with some nice hardbags, a comfy seat and all the gloriousness that is BMW.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

I'm with Rowdy! What on earth would possess a serious motorcyclist to buy a Harley? You might as well put a sign on your back saying "I have a small d!ck"...

(There, that should stir the pot some!) :lol:

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Here's the problem,
Serious motorcyclist..
I don't think I'm one of those.

I just like to ride to where the hamburgers are.

Return to “Around the Camp Fire”