Page 1 of 1
Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:11 pm
by CL65
Can anyone provide recent insight on the interview process at Sunwing?
Feel free to PM
Thanks.
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:16 am
by pelmet
What is a guage?
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:36 am
by Sasquash
the widget you attached to an FLVC?
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:02 am
by twinpratts
Don't you mean gouge?
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:12 am
by CL65
Sorry... gouge.
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:49 am
by YWGGuy
I've heard you can do it in English, German or Czech!
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:11 am
by JMACK
CL65 wrote:Sorry... gouge.
"Gouge"
If you have trained State side or hold an FAA ticket you will have heard the term common for short cuts or most important info for the air plane you are training on example "what's the gouge for the 737 guys ???"
Not so common with Canuks!
J
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:18 pm
by FICU
Originally a military term... Navy I believe.
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:29 pm
by Gravol
You remind them from the get go that a foreign national has the right to the job before you.
Guaranteed you will get the job immediately.

Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:52 pm
by JMACK
FICU wrote:Originally a military term... Navy I believe.
You know the first time I heard it it was from a navy guy! I did not know that!
Jim
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:50 pm
by BBQ Chips
I would also greatly appreciate any info on the interview as well.
Thank you!
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:11 pm
by ea306
Word is the company are looking to hire 40 Canadian Seasonal Contract pilots in addition to the new hires for the seniority list.
For every Canadian seasonal pilot hired....one less overseas contractor...
Good luck on the interviews.
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:49 pm
by onetreehill
Where do I apply? Thank you.
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:49 pm
by Gilles Hudicourt
ea306 wrote:Word is the company are looking to hire 40 Canadian Seasonal Contract pilots in addition to the new hires for the seniority list.
For every Canadian seasonal pilot hired....one less overseas contractor...
Good luck on the interviews.
I hate to put a damper on a note you most certainly meant to be positive, but its actually the other way around:
For every less overseas seasonal contractor pilot, one more Canadian pilot hired.......
And yes, it is good news. I've gotten several emails from non-rated people announcing me that they had either been hired by Canjet/Sunwing or that they had an interview date.
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:34 am
by ea306
onetreehill wrote:Where do I apply? Thank you.
You can go to the careers section of :
www.flysunwing.com
It looks like the current posting has expired...however if anyone is interested, it does not hurt to apply anyway.
Re: Sunwing interview gauge.
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:17 pm
by BBQ Chips
Anyone get a call yet?