Martin Mars

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
AME 283
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:30 am

Martin Mars

Post by AME 283 »

An era is ending as the Martin Mars are to be retired :cry:
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:16 am
Location: Not Kanada

Re: Martin Mars

Post by Flybabe »

:(
---------- ADS -----------
 
amraam
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:17 pm

Re: Martin Mars

Post by amraam »

Do you have a source AME? All I've read so far is that BC wasn't interested in renewing a contract for 2014 with Coulson for that particular aircraft...

amraam
---------- ADS -----------
 
Last edited by amraam on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyalmaguin
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Re: Martin Mars

Post by flyalmaguin »

I understood the same thing..... B.C. decided not to renew/extend the contract:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=994887

Too bad, but economics rule. I presume the price of Avgas makes it even tougher :cry:
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3353
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:56 pm
Location: 50.13N 66.17W

Re: Martin Mars

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Philippine Mars has already been sold to the US Navy museum in Pensacola. I was talking to one of the guys this afternoon on FB and mentioned he should approach Kermit Weeks or the Confederate Air Force. His reply, "Sid I met Kermit a couple of years ago at the NBAA in las Vegas and he said to me "I don't wanna fly it wanna buy it."
Coulsons already have a C130J on line, I don't know if it's registered in Canada yet.
---------- ADS -----------
 
magic wand
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Martin Mars

Post by magic wand »

Siddley Hawker wrote: Coulsons already have a C130J on line, I don't know if it's registered in Canada yet.
Not so sure it can be registered in Canada..I believe it is ex-Navy or NASA and those come with allot of restrictions.
---------- ADS -----------
 
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4014
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Martin Mars

Post by bmc »

The C130J us an impressive airplane but it has horrible performance on water.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3265
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:10 am
Location: Back here

Re: Martin Mars

Post by Panama Jack »

I am not sure they want to register it in Canada. I believe itis intended for USFS contracts.
---------- ADS -----------
 
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 8132
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:25 pm
Location: Winterfell...

Re: Martin Mars

Post by iflyforpie »

magic wand wrote:
Siddley Hawker wrote: Coulsons already have a C130J on line, I don't know if it's registered in Canada yet.
Not so sure it can be registered in Canada..I believe it is ex-Navy or NASA and those come with allot of restrictions.
Uhm......... what do you think the Martin Mars is?
---------- ADS -----------
 
SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 889
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: Wet Coast.

Re: Martin Mars

Post by SeptRepair »

Its actually a Q model and they are in the final process of getting a Type Certificate for it. http://fireaviation.com/tag/coulson/
The Phillipines Mars is on hold. The US government found out about the naval museum trading away a C130 ( another Q model I was told) and put a stop to it. http://www.albernivalleynews.com/news/216126261.html
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”