Page 1 of 1
Beaver Floats
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:14 am
by HMMMM
Anyone flown a beaver on 6470 floats? If so can you get back to me with how you liked or disliked them.
Thank you.
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:32 pm
by MUSICMAAN
Nope, never flown one, but I had a look at one last year and those are big floats for a Beaver. It's second hand information, but I guess it's not a real good performer.... Once again, that's second hand, but I gotta tell ya, from looking at it, I beleive it.
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:22 am
by twotter
Heavy, slow, and won't perform.. Way overfloated.. Whoever has them should get rid of them.. And then there's the gay fins that you have to have.. Yuck..

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 pm
by Siddley Hawker
The Beaver is way overfloated on that size float. That's the same float found on the Do28 and some Mark 5 Norsemans, both of which are heavier airplanes.
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:10 pm
by Handsome B. Wonderful
4930's are the best straight float for a piston -2 I'd say...at least from my experience
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:01 pm
by Rowdy
Just curious what the standard floats are for the N6?
Watched the beaver across the way struggle occasionally on them.. We had the 4930's and they were great!
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:13 am
by adhc2
Flew a Beaver a couple of seasons ago with 5350,s worked great, excellant with a big load and rough water.
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:35 pm
by MUSICMAAN
-FJOM with the AWT wing has a set of 4930s punched out 4 inches on each side to make them into essentially, Edo 6100s, although I think they are 6000s on paper. Ugly as sin, but a nice float... feel just like 4930's, only a bit slower in the air. Far as I know, it's the only set that were done. I haven't flown the Whipline 6000s, but from what I understand, the ugly Edo's are nicer on the water, but the Whips fly faster.
MM
Big floats
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:00 am
by CFMartin
I have tried both the AWT beaver with these EDOs, and the 67-something floats on a straighT Beaver.
The floats on the AWT -2 were great (although that machine is awful) and the big floats were great for big waves, longer props without having to be that careful with the water splash; but the they really sucked for longitudinal stability (more surface forward of the C.ofG.) and steering on the water.
The job I had to do with it did not require exceptional maneuvrability, so I had fun on it.