Page 1 of 1

Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:30 pm
by KenoraPilot
Sunwest is getting Q400's???

Re: Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:32 pm
by calgaryguy
Everyone is.

Re: Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:02 pm
by AirMail
calgaryguy wrote:Everyone is.
That's right! I have several! Starting my own super-duper-ultra-low-cost carrier™. The pay is 40k for Capt and 20k for FO, of which you pay me. There's also a 2 yr training bond, as I don't like my meal tickets jumping ship to fast.

Re: Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:34 pm
by Krimson
I'll do it with no per diems if you hire me!!

Re: Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:16 pm
by Rowdy
Can I buy all the plates and charts too? Plus my own uniform? Where do I sign up?!

Re: Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:14 am
by calgaryguy
Don't give them any idea's. They just might implement them.

Re: Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:27 pm
by AirMail
Thank you for all the ideas.
Rowdy wrote:Can I buy all the plates and charts too? Plus my own uniform? Where do I sign up?!
Rowdy, we will not be using charts and plates as they add unnecessary weight. All pilots will be under pressure to make it to their destinations regardless of weather. Plates would only undermine that probability.
Krimson wrote:I'll do it with no per diems if you hire me!!
Unfortunately we are not a fly by night operation (we have some day runs too!). As such we treat our pilots fairly and they are given on board meals of canned beans or canned cream corn. Raiding of commissary after flights is highly encouraged.

I have a stack of resumes from many willing pilots and will be in contact shortly.

Re: Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:01 pm
by Jack In The Box
AirMail wrote:Thank you for all the ideas.
Rowdy wrote:Can I buy all the plates and charts too? Plus my own uniform? Where do I sign up?!
Rowdy, we will not be using charts and plates as they add unnecessary weight. All pilots will be under pressure to make it to their destinations regardless of weather. Plates would only undermine that probability.
Krimson wrote:I'll do it with no per diems if you hire me!!
Unfortunately we are not a fly by night operation (we have some day runs too!). As such we treat our pilots fairly and they are given on board meals of canned beans or canned cream corn. Raiding of commissary after flights is highly encouraged.

I have a stack of resumes from many willing pilots and will be in contact shortly.
Got any room for a Type Rated fellow for to jump ship for this irresistible chance to sell my soul? :D

Re: Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:07 pm
by dashx
Sunwest recently acquired a Dash 8-202 S/N 536.

How has that been working out?

http://www.planespotters.net/Production ... ada%29.php

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6758315

Re: Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:59 am
by Oxi
Has this plane arrived?

Re: Sunwest Q400???

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:20 am
by loopy
Standby for new ATIS message...